Tool bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by motherfunker, May 2, 2002.

1. motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    Does anyonw here know what bass(es) Justin Chancellor uses? :p
  2. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    a wal bass. not cheap... :p
  3. Unless you live in the UK that is...:D

Also, we can get Sei, Shuker and formerly Trace Elliot cheap over here too. Plus, German and Czech stuff is slightly less expensive.

But, we don't get Sadowsky, Fodera, Zon, Elrick, MTD, US Spectors, US Fenders, Dave Pushic, Mike Lull, Aguilar, SWR, Mesa/Boogie or Ampeg here without large expense. You guys have it easy.
  4. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    He has 3 Wals!!!

1 with a birdseye maple top, 1 with a green-burst finish and a fretless with American Walnut facings.

Nice collection! If your interested in WALs, have a look at Steve Chesney's site -

Yes Wals are a bit pricey (I recently got the WAL pricelist from Steve - it looked bad enough and then I realised that I still had to add 17.5% VAT on top since I live in the UK), but if you keep an eye out you can get them cheaper - mine was made in February '83 and has a Paduak (sp?) top and it cost me £500 (just over $700), although it was a little beat up - still plays great though.

The great thing is, it doesn't matter which WAL you play - you can still get that Justin C. sound... the preamp is VERY flexible!