Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TOOL FANS, I HAVE A TREAT FOR YOU!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 24, 2006.

1. He can pay me to give me lessons :D

I now officially hate that song played by anybody but tool. Some chick came into guitar center, and i was all like "oh sweet a girl that can play bass" and she played that same song, but worse. She was hot, but I didnt even ask for a number, I was laughing too hard :D .

P.S. She claimed she had played a little over year and was searching for another bass. I wish I could have told her to learn how to play the one she had first :bassist: .

2. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    That's embarrassing. :meh: I uploaded a few clips of Justin playing that song, not sure when they'll show up on there. I'm glad bassists like him have inspired a lot of kids to play, but I laugh everytime I walk into guitar center and hear someone trying to play that and it sounds more like someone dropped a bass.

3. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    *cringe*

my band just covered that song at our last show... does that mean you hate me? :crying:

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    He would have had the first part right if his G sting wasn't in drop F tuning :meh:

5. Raiven

Raiven

Nov 28, 2005
    That would have been good if he wasn't playing it.

6. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Note: Normally I don't mock bassists of lesser abilities, but not only does that guy have "bass master" next to his name, he felt the need to post that vid on the net!

8. AQUANOVA

AQUANOVA

Sep 13, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Maybe he should have put, Clayton Carlile - Master Basser.

9. I like how his head is rocking out in the first part.

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah.. then the song gets too intense to concentrate on anything besides tearing it up, right?

ghad... why do people post such foolishness. I hate it when people don't realize that what they're playing sounds nothing like the orignial recording. :rollno:

edit: to brighten this thread up, here's very good tool cover that i found (no, seriously, it is frickin great!)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7050891408036695148

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, not a bad cover at all! Especially considering they look quite young.

... and topless... ?? ;)

12. Primate

Primate

May 16, 2005
  13. thats my band covering that, tho thats not me playing bass. heleft and i joined. nah im kidding, they are great tho and that first kid should kick himself inthe head. its not that hard of a song to play right

lowsound

14. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Looked like the guy playing bass had no legs. Quite sad really.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think he has legs... he's just sitting, unless he's got fake legs. I think he's just not hawt and shirtless so they kicked him to the back :meh: or maybe he needs to sit to play that (maybe he's use to fingerstyle and pic playing is a chore unless he sits... I dunno) I recall him even standing near the end. Quick check... yep he's standing near the end.

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I figured out why he thinks he's a bass master:

[​IMG]

:D I'm going to add him to my friends :D

17. The ending riff I find to be a bit challenging. Or rather, I can't get it to sound good...

This kid is a joke... nothing like Schism with no pick on a P-bass... :rollno:

18. That kid is sick! I can't post the pictures on here but their are some disgusting things on there :eek: . YUCK :rollno: