1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tool: Musicians Clinic

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BOOG, May 9, 2018.

1. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Ticket for Tool Music Clinic, An Immersive Dissection

Has anyone heard of this? Justin Chancellor and the rest of the crew will be hosting an open discussion about all things Tool and musicianship. I just bumped into it while browsing Ticketmaster. I wish I could fit it into my budget but, going to have to hope for another chance in the future.

2. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Bump...

3. Supadope

Supadope

Nov 30, 2015
    Louisville
    I am sometimes gassy.
    Pricey. If you go, be sure to wear your Vans, 501s, and a dope Beastie tee.

Ender_rpm, petrus61 and BOOG like this.
  4. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    No problem. That's my Sunday best

5. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    nipple rings too.

6. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Only nips?

7. jaysonredd

jaysonredd

Aug 19, 2010
    Went to the last show in philly. I was 2 hours early and it still was crowded..front row was taken so I could not see what pedals justin was using during songs. notes for justin's board: foxx fuzz wah is back on the board. did not have the prescription overdriver. uses clear tape over his eq for sweat protection like tom morello does. finally got a good look at his chorus settings. If anyone wants more details let me know.

BOOG likes this.
  8. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    How was the discussion? Did you get much out of it? Was an open forum for questions or did they have an agenda and just roll with it?
    Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if this kind of thing catches on and more bands start doing it.

9. jaysonredd

jaysonredd

Aug 19, 2010
    I know a little too much about the band so a lot of the questions were kind of a bore for me. A few things I remember I liked was Adam saying (something along the lines of) 'we split everything four ways, everything. we're here representing tool even without maynard. so yeah he gets a cut from this too.' i only thought that was cool because there were a lot of questions around maynard.

it was pretty much 2 songs, q&a, 2 songs, q&a, etc. adam did most of the talking.

BOOG likes this.
  10. fakeneckplate'65

fakeneckplate'65 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Tickets were $500....

11. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    So far, doesn’t seem to be worth that kind of coin.

12. jaysonredd

jaysonredd

Aug 19, 2010
    hey if i sat front row (which was maybe 6 feet away from justin?) i'd pay 600. i was still pretty damn close and could every string every fret. i would had loved to see more in detail what he does during eulogy. i did meet adam and they had some pretty cool stuff on display.

BOOG likes this.