1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TOOL tickets...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rumzini, Apr 20, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Round up and it's $67. They're $66.66, plus Ticketmaster fees of approximately $15.

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    That and $8 parking....man!!!!!!

I guess I thought I was going. Add food, gas, gotta have t-shirt....looking like an easy $300 for one night...my wife wants to go as well. This price thing is what kept me from going to see Primus in Ann Arbor! It was hard to stomach not seeing the original line up...I don't know if I can stomach missing TOOL at all...I've become such a big fan this last year or two.

3. Ouch, due to heavily inflated ticket prices at the Turning Stone Casinio, our Flecktones tickets came out to $55 a pop, plus fees, plus gas, plus drinks... oof.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've seen 'em once. Only concert I didn't absolutely enjoy.

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

These guys need to get the hell to LA man.

The new album rules.

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Oh btw, I might have a ticket up for the Luxemburg show. I can't go because I have an exam the day after the gig.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm sure it's due to elaborate sets and so forth... still, not worth it.. still, they'll sell out every show.

8. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Best live band I've ever witnessed, and I've seen a lot. Seeing them next week at Coachella.

9. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I fear Toronto may already be sold out...please, how long before their shows typically sell out? Anyone? :(

Edit: That link is for the show the day before they come to Toronto...and they aren't on sale yet. I'm confused and such...

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005

11. I don't know about by you all, but here in Phoenix they are playing a smaller venue (holds about 1200 I think). My guess is that they had to charge more to play the smaller venues.

And I estimate that the show here will sell out in less than 10 minutes, lol.

12. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Immediately, for the most part. Starting with Lateralus they started selling out practically everywhere, instantly. Before then you could probably buy tickets at the door.

I saw them in 1994 in a bunghole place with about 200 other people, I'm sure there were plenty of tickets left. Those days are over, but that was an awesome show. :)

13. mcdade

mcdade

Sep 27, 2004
    London (UK)
    Going to see them on June the 16th at Hammersmith Apollo in London UK and the tickets are £34 each.Ive been a Tool fan since 92 and seen them on every tour,paid £4 to see them back in 92 in a small club in Northampton,strange how things change.

Laters,

Robbie.

14. I've been a fan for a while too, and have never seen them...so I'm checking ticketmaster everyday until Orlando shows up...

15. Wow. Having worked for Ticketmaster, I can tell you that $66 is NOTHING. When the Rolling Stones came through town last time the good tickets were $350 a pop. Paul McCartney was $275. U2 was $200. And given that the $66 seats are probably the best, you could get away with slight worse seats for the $50 range.

I know, it's all WAY too fricken expensive, but that's what people are willing to pay. You should have seen the line for Stones tickets. Something like 100 people just at my location. And given that it sold out in 10 minutes, only about 20 of those people got anything. The last guy I worked with got the absolute worst seats in the house. Boy, was that ever fun.:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric