1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TOOL VICARIOUS LEAK!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Thanks, but this post might get you in trouble.

2. lets hope the mods are bigger tool fans then i :p

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I dig it. Sounds very new to me, which is nice. I think they're going to keep progressing with this album.-

4. what do u mean progressing? they are releasing the album on may 2nd.. and the single is released on the 17th.. i cant wait to hear what else is on it.. if anything else.. im still picking it up thoug :)

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    FAR OUT!!!!

I was gonna buy the record anyway. No question about it now!!

Dude, I am so stoked out for this.

Some thing I would like to comment on though:

Good to see them getting a little heavier again. Sort of reminds me of Aenima.

Also, Chancellor's bass tone on this particular track is sort of reminiscent of Paul D'Amour's Undertow tone. Heavily overdriven.

Also, is that whammy I hear in the intro and break part?

Very, very cool stuff. Totally excited for this. Jinkies!

6. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Very nice. I was certainly going to buy it, but I might just have to make a point to pick it up on the release date now. If the rest of the album is as this song is, I believe it's the perfect balance of soft/smooth and heavy. I love it.

7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I mean that their music is continually changing. This sounds different from their other stuff, like a different kind of Tool. As long as it doesn't get worse, I like it.

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Maynard doesn't sound very Maynard in some bits =/

I wonder how far into the mixing/mastering stage this was... Not the best levels.

Still, awesome track.

9. heres the wav if anybody wants it.. :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a2thot

im still downloading it so i cant tell you how much better it is..

the first i posted was at 192 kbs so if youd want teh wav too.. enjoy :)

10. The song is great. Very mainstream sounding to me but it still rocks ass. I hear hints of The Melvins and Messuggah in this song. Which is always a good thing.