Tool's Salival

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    anyone else have it? kinda pricey and kinda hard to find...

but man! the cd alone is worth getting (well, that's debatable-mostly live stuff).

i really could've lived without pu**** being on "aenima" but i really love the live version. sounds like it could've fit onto lateralus. tablas are awesome (whatever they are!).

the videos are extremely...unique and...artful...AND FRIGHTENING! jeezum crow!

the dvd is kinda hard to navigate, but it's pretty cool how there aren't any directions. navigation is left to sheer instinct where survival is left to only the quick witted...okay maybe not. very clever idea, though.

my fav. video is "prison sex." it was disturbing enough without knowing what the title was...
  2. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    funny how "****" in "push-it" was censored...
  3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Whaddya mean hard to find?I found it at alot of places and it was only $30 and came with a shirt.I was wondering,what's on it besides music videos?
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have it. Music video's, and a live/bonus track disc that has some rarities and what not. My mom got ig for my birthday, and I've given it ample time in my CD player. It's pretty good. Especially Part of Me. Track 2, as it were. I really like that CD. Has some good stuff on it. And the videos are TRIPPY! If Salvador Dali has nightmares...those are it. Norman Rockwell they ain't.
  5. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    more like "if salvidor dali had nightmares...OF CLAYMATION CREATURES ENGAGING IN DERANGED INTERCOURSE!!!" (prison sex)

i don't think the video for "aenema" really fit the song very well. they should've done a video for "third eye" or maybe "h." i don't think "aenema" really leant itself very well for a music video at all, let alone tool's style of videos.

I wish i got a free shirt with the "box set." :(

now i have a hankerin' for "undertow." i heard "prison sex" on the radio yesterday. too bad you can probably squeeze all of the songs on both "opiate" and "undertow" onto one cd...

it supposedly was a rare find, or at least it was intended to be. but, you know, supply and demand...
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Get it online man.

Both have it.
  7. Get undertow and opiate! Excellent CD's and Undertow is very long even though there are only 10 songs. I don't have Salival, but I downloaded all the songs, and they're pretty good.
  8. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany

go to the record store.

buy dream theaters six degrees of inner turbulence,
    listen to "the great debate", and you´ll now how good tool COULD be...

but I like ´em very much, too !
  9. Damn DT fans...;)

I think Tool is much more entertaining but what ever floats your boat.