1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TOp 2 bands in your book

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cheesemonkey, Feb 17, 2008.

1. The Beatles and Red Hot Chili Peppers... after coming to TB i realize the flea is not the worlds greatest bassist but my reason for putting them up there next 2 the bealtes (whos reason should be obvious) is all their different songs all the parts just go together so well... 2 amazing bands... what are yall other tbers favorite bands and why

2. Sick of it All
    Rollins Band

Sick of it All - been my favourite band for a long time now, got me into most of the music i listen to, have met them on a number of occasions, really nice people.

Rollins Band - pure unadulterated anger, really good stuff. Plus the original bassist (Melvin) is an incredible player. Rollins is also a funny bugger, and had the pleasure of going to one of his spoken word shows just a few weeks back.

Melvin's solo work:
    http://www.myspace.com/melvingibbs

3. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    STP- I like most of the basslines
    Led Zeppelin- I like most of the basslines

4. are those UK bands because i've never heard of them but i'll go look them up

5. Im assuming that comment was aimed at me, either that or sarcasm about not know led zep and STP :p

SOIA are from NYC, hardcore punk at its finest (IMO)

Rollins Band is the band Henry Rollins (from Black Flag) started up in the early 90s IIRC.

6. I like the band "Music topics don't go in Off-Topic"

lowsound

7. yeah it was to you says your in scottland and i am not actually the best at knowing bands i just listen to a bunch of music and never remember the band names

8. Tis cool :)

I generally listen to tons of music, just have a few bands that remain staples in the play list!

SOIA -

(just as examples, again, not everyones thing, but, its cool, different strokes)

9. Too many to choose just 2.

10. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Right now its Protest the Hero and The Mars Volta, butif I was saying of all time for me it would probably be Coheed and Cambria and Rush.

11. zen brain

zen brain Banned

Feb 15, 2008
    [​IMG]

l_86c8d0b02527f40812fc467694928253.

12. Queens of the Stone Age - because their bluesy, heavy riffs have an appeal that can satisfy young and old people alike.

Blink 182 - because sometimes I want to relax and listen to music that isn't serious. That and most everyone knows at least one of their songs, so it's good to bring it up when jamming with new people.

13. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I've never been prouder to not be "most everyone".

14. King Crimson and Metallica, eventhough I didn't like St. Anger. King Crimson's sound helped to broaden my taste in music, and Metallica were one of the first bands that got me into music and were the first metal band I got into.

15. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    The Beatles
    The Funk Brothers (the old motown band with Jamerson on bass)

16. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    way back: Beatles and The Who

back: Todd and ELP

locals: Nirvana and Screaming Trees

now: TP & Heartbreakers and Foo Fighters

jazz: Woody and Kenton

17. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    ummm

Red Hot Chili Peppers: I just love em'
    Rage Against the Machine: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

18. Oh umm theres too many but.

Muse - Just pure amazing.
    Metallica - Really got me into bass/guitar.

19. that's fine with me :smug:

20. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Cream (hence my username), and.. I dunno, the #2 spot changes a lot, I guess Red Hot Chili Peppers at the moment- I've been getting really into their older stuff back before Hillel Slovak died.