1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TOP - Diggin' on James Brown

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Alex, Dec 13, 2005.

1. I need someone to transcribe/tab Rocco's bass part for Diggin' on James Brown by Tower of Power. Thanks guyz :bassist:

2. Cmon! I need this for an audition and I can't figure it out. I think that I know the recurring simultaneous part, but not the verses or solo sections. Help out a deaf man :(

3. shameless bump

4. Alright guys. Here's what I figured out for the main riff. It's eighth notes:

------?---?---5?---3?-------3---5---
    ------?---?-------------5-----------
    --3---?---?-------------------------
    ------?---?-------------------------

then it permutates to D and back and then F and G at the key change.

I JUST NEED 4 NOTES!!!! AHHHH. :bawl: so frustrating. the Bari part makes these notes impossible hard to hear. :rollno: Does anyone have a fake book or just figured it out or something?

Anyone?

Anyone?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    well........... I don't do tab.

But I'll give you some hints

It's very similar to Cold Sweat. With little 16th note Rocco isms that are ussually assend cromadic to the next cord.

Its basically a blues the cords are C,F,G

the Bridge goes to F then to G the Solo is the Bridge repeated

Good Luck!

AJ

6. O dude cmon. It sounds like you know it. Just tell me! I don't like tab either but how else do you write out a part? I'm dyin' here, man. I need this for an audition on the 10th. Xmas spirit man!

7. Got it! Thanks, man.