top ramen recipes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., May 23, 2004.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey all

Since a lot of Tb'ers here seem to be fans of top ramen (or hate it), lets post some recipes or creative ideas for em. I did a search, but there were ideas strewn all over the place in old threads.

I personally like the noodles uncooked when dry, or when I make soup with them, I drop in a couple of eggs and some leftover meat. Then, I add a few drops of Tabasco and chow down.
  2. Sometimes my mom will cook them with beef bullion cubes and serve it with some beef. Good stuff.
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Two packages of Ramen Noodles, your flavor of choice. Three packets of chinese carry out soy sauce. Red pepper flakes to taste, hot sauce to taste, italian seasoning and garlic powder for a nice herby flavor, and some chopped up green onions. 1 small can of mushrooms, 4 chopped up hot dogs. 1 egg.

4. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    One jar of tomato/spaghetti sauce can go a long way with Ramon..... close your eyes and you are in an Italian*cough* restaurant..... :)

Tabasco sauce helps as well.

But my favorite Ramon recipe is simply not eating the stuff.....
    (i lived for almost a year of my life eating that stuff everyday....I vowed never again) :p
  5. just make sure you toss some vegetables in there. vegetables = best. the frozen kind works well.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I miss Ramen. Used to eat it a lot more than i do now. For a while i switched to the Ramen instant lunches where its in a cup for you with sparse vegetables..yea before long i grew tired of the bland taste of the crappy vegetables so i stopped eating it. I need to go back to the stove top, packaged Ramen.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Last night I took a package of Ramen, a can of Campbells tomato soup, and a can of Viena Sausages and had myself a feast fit for a college student who wants to sit on the toilet for a good while.
  8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I eat them in block form. Tastes the same if you cook it to me.
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    (click image for link)
  10. I like to dip the block in some bbq sauce and eat it that way. Pretty tasty. Otherwise, props to whomever it was that suggested the tobasco!
  11. mishi_ono

May 7, 2004
    Oakland, CA
    check it out:

ramen + 3/4 packet of seasoning + chinese peper oil

eat the noodles.
    when all the noodles are gone, pour leftover rice into the broth.

12. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    2 packs Chicken flavor Ramen
    1 can tuna
    1 can of peas
    Shredded cheese (as much as you want.)

As if tuna casserole wasn't easy enough to begin with...

If you really want to get crazy with the Ramen, buy 101 Ways to Make Ramen Noodles.