1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade TOP SHELF B&G "BIG SISTER"4 STRING BEAUTY (made in the holy land, so it has to be good!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by More or Les, Apr 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. More or Les

More or Les Suspended Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    So....whaddya do when you're a fledgling BOUTIQUE guitar/bass maker, with corporate HQ in Israel, and you're hell bent on getting some good exposure in the US and Europe??? Well, you maybe ever-so-carefully wrap up one of your magnificent creations,,mail it....and hope to see this type of review before the apocalypse.

Review: B&G Big Sister

and from B&G website.....Big Sister Bass | B&G Guitars

The bass I am offering is part of their "Private Build' series, as noted on the topside of the case. Mine sports an incredibly complex and deep quilted maple top, Honduran Mahogany neck which holds an Indian Rosewood Big Sister Bass | B&G Guitars. Two humbuckers driven by PASSIVE electronics; control knobs (which I upgraded) in the oh -so cool VVT configuration. Oh, I almost forgot-single cutaway and classic "f" holes to boot.

Treat yourself to an incredibly special instrument....

I am the original owner.

A FEW MORE TIDBITS.....

The Big Sister concept was born with the release of the Little Sister guitar. We wanted to apply the same long-lost traditional materials & techniques, which haven't been in use since the early 1960s, along with the unique chambered body design and '50s nitro finish to a bass guitar.

The guitar is made out of super-light pieces of aged mahogany, with a one-piece body and a one-piece neck. We chose a set-neck construction, a feature that is harder to build, but allows sound to travel back and forth without losing energy.

We also use traditional glues (hide glue, fish glue, urea-formaldehyde) to minimize the loss of sound frequencies.

The Big Sister is designed to offer supreme playability, rich sound and versatility. Together with its unique looks and light weight, we wanted the Big Sister to stand out and become a desirable instrument, a beautiful working tool that can fit in the toolbox of any musical genre. On stage, at home, or in the studio, the Big Sister was built to leave a mark.

One-piece chambered body // Honduran Mahogany one-piece neck (upgrade) // Indian Rosewood fretboard // Honey Burst finish // Category 4 quilted maple top upgrade // Aguilar Humbucker pickups

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Wow... just... wow...

3. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    These sound amazing.
    And look amazing.
    I’m kinda out of the uber high end boutique bass game, but these have definitely peaked my interest again.

Look them up on YouTube and listen to the clips. They sound wonderful.

Wish I had the money. This would be mine if I did.

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Make it a 5 string and you'd have the market cornered