Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

top things a girl could and should do to get a guy back...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lilbassgirl, Dec 3, 2003.

1. so, i know there are a lot of guys on here, so i ask you all one thing...what are the top things that a girl could and should do to get a guy back? what about the best way to keep the relationship interesting and please him?(without "bump and grinding it"...)

ok, so that was two things, o well.:p

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Use Mike Money to make him jealous. :rolleyes:

3. We'll need details on how the guy was lost in the first place, as this has a significant effect on the viability of your endeavor in the first place--let alone what tactics you should try.

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Buy him a gun rack.

5. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Dont wear a bra, and jog on the spot whilst cooking him a T-bone.......medium thx;)

6. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I find that letting him have his space is a good thing, but like Peter stated, we need more details. I suck and getting my guy back, and we just recently decided to do the frienship with out benifits....hmmm....wondering if that was a bad idea....:rolleyes: :D

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Don't do anything to get him back. Be yourself, if he is worth being with (not meaning that he's a bad person, just that maybe it's best that things don't work out - you may be incompatible for some reason that you are unaware of), he will come back of his own accord.

There are a lot of guys out there that are good people, and if this one isn't for you, the "right" one will come along eventually. If you force a relationship with the "wrong" guy, you will only be sorry in the end.

I am speaking from a lot of experience and heartache - particularly in the last year. I've been going through a divorce after 13 years of being married, and I mistakenly tried to "fix" things for the past year. I should have just walked away at the first, both my soon to be ex-wife and I would probably have been much better off if I had.

Sometimes, no matter how much we want something, it is just not meant to be. Instead of dwelling on the loss of the past, look forward to a better future and you will find it. If you're focused on what was, you may overlook what could be.

As for keeping a relationship healthy when you have it - if I had all the answers to that...

:meh:

...the main thing, I think, is to always keep talking to each other. Be open and honest, think of "us" before "me", and make sure they never question your love.

8. Depends on why you 'lost' him to begin with.

9. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Here they are:

1) Don't treat him nicely. Make him work for his money. Be fair but not nice. If its very easy to make u happy he will not apreciate u.

2) If u bump and grind act as if it was reallly boring for u. Dont let him no u enjoyed it.

3) Simplify, simplify, simplify. Imagine u are talking with an intelligent rock that can walk and watch tv. nontheless a rock. really

"Men" are really simple, and I mean really really simple. As far as I can tell we have a 4 stage mind frame. We sumarize everything into four basic categories.

BAD, --,GOOD, GREAT

The -- is sort of like "who cares", "dunno", "syntax error".

Ur got a new bass -GREAT
    Ur team won - GREAT
    U got laid - GREAT
    U didn't get laid - BAD
    U broke a leg - BAD
    The pope is in town - --
    U lost ur bass - BAD
    The white or the red dress - --

So when u aproach a guy, just remember these little aids.

hope it helps

:D

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Why would he want a gun rack? He hasn't a gun..let alone a number of guns to require a gun rack!

..ok so it's not quite word for word but you get the drift.

11. LOL! Too funny. I can tell you will go far in life!

hahahaha! not many a guy will come after you if you treat him like that for a week - unless you just are that easy.

hahahahaha

12. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    LOL

I can tell U are not married!! think about IT!! most of the dudes that stay married are treated exactly that way by their wifes.

Absolutely amazing!!!

Take a close look at anyone that has last more that 10 years as a couple. They probably follow very similar rules.

Of course this top secret! so dont tell anyone.

dont know why but its the way it goes
    :bawl:

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Actually most of the "dudes" that stay married are NOT treated this way by their wives. If my wife treated me this way I don't think she would be my wife for very long. Essentially you are saying to treat guys as the bricks they are...what sagely advice!

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    1. ask all his best friends to tell him that you still want him. repeatedly.
    2. write him notes saying how upset you are. possibly include poetry, a good example being

i am so upset without u
    i just dont know what 2 do
    this morning i cried
    all coz u lied
    i mean left me
    fu**
    u make me so upset
    i am sorrowvamp

3. tell his parents/siblings/aunts/uncles/godparents you still want him. repeatedly.
    4. show up at his house when he leaves school, and/if he leaves for work. ply him with more poetry, and show him your wrist, where you will have scratched "hate" in red biro.
    5. refuse to clean yourself, or your room until he takes you back, or your parents cut off your allowance.

and if all else fails, 6. tell him your pregnant

15. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Awright Jeff Rader, this has gone far enough!!!!

16. and after that, she can submit her screen test for "Fatal Attraction Part 2"!

yeesh.

i dunno. i'm of the opinion to take the loss and step off, no matter who did the split.

when people split, it's coz there's a rift that's not getting patched. it's just not flowing.

better to move on to the next hunk o' flesh.

if you did something really lousy to him, apologize. but don't grovel. it's so unbecoming. if by chance you cheated on him, let him continue to hate you, coz you deserve it :p

but you know the old saying:

if you love something, set it free. if it comes back, it's yours. if it doesn't...

hunt it down and kill it.

:eek:

i mean -- if it doesn't, it never was.

party on-

17. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    No offense, but if I got a poem with "internet grammer" (u, 2, ur, cuz, etc) I think i'd be more disgusted that I already woud have been in the first place.

I think he best approach is to simply talk to him.

Either he'll react like a person and you can work things out, or he'll be a type as samie described, in which you can go for that route :rolleyes: :p

18. When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was about "getting back" at a guy, as in revenge.

Silly me.

Mike

19. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    sd;fjsdlf *bands head on keyboard*

you are so smart, s-m-r-t :meh: