1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Torn between Bassman 800 or SVT 7 pro..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pryapysm, Mar 26, 2020.

1. pryapysm

pryapysm

Feb 28, 2015
    Which one should I buy?.....
    I currently have a Rumble 500 with
    4 x 10 and 1 x15 ...just getting bored with it.

2. Now all the new 7 pro's have been updated i'd go with that one. I used one last year and was amazed how close to a real SVT it was, tons of power too.

johnnynitro and BrentSimons like this.
  3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I had an SVT7 Pro for a few days . Was nothing like my 70 or 74 SVT. Did not feel like it had that much power and kind of Anemic in the bottom end. On the other hand I have a Bassman 500 through the same Berg NV610 that I ran the SVT 7 Pro through and it is night and day Much more low end Authority And overall weight to the sound. Also it was a newer updated 7PRO

pryapysm likes this.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have both, and love both. They definitely have some broad similarities, but they each have their own voice. That being said, each head has an excellent tone stack, and they can be made to sound very much like one another. I'd give a slight edge to the Bassman 800 in terms of tonal flexibility, with the two channels.

outoftune, pryapysm and BrentSimons like this.
  5. Your never going to find a straight answer on here, every person has a different opinion on what sounds best. The only way is to try them out and decide yourself.

pryapysm, Raw N Low and BrentSimons like this.
  6. Treblefree

Treblefree

Apr 8, 2016
    Can't speak to the Bassman, but I love my SVT-7 Pro. Of course, it is not the original SVT, but I can make it thump with delicious sounds without my pedalboard. The pedalboard is just for effects. I sometimes just love to hear that gained up Ampeg tone all by itself, which is why i went that route. If you adjust the gain properly (watch Dino's video on setting up the SVT-7 Pro), and push it just a hair, it sounds like the thump on Jet City Woman, which is why I bought this thing to begin with. And, properly gained, I haven't been able to push it past half way mark on my 810 cab. I can't take it. I feel like I could play an arena with this set-up. Add a dUg pedal and instantly crush bones.

7. SiSoldier

SiSoldier

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I say go for a newer SVT 7 to change it up a bit. I really enjoyed the tone and using the FX mix knob on my old SVT 7 pro (PCB board failure). Add any pedal you need to in the line in and blend with the amps tone.

8. pryapysm

pryapysm

Feb 28, 2015
    Thx for the input

bigbottomend likes this.