1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tornado Fuel Saver, does it work??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jake_tim, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    I know this is kind of random, but i was wondering, does anyone know if those little things acually work, I hate gas prices..:mad:

thanks in advance.

-Jake

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Laugh, no it doesn't. Neither does the "gasoline ionizer" they are trying to market next.

I can understand these things are resurfacing now (last time was in the 70's me thinks) that the gas prices are soaring, but unfortunately only thing that works is a car that consumes less.

Perhaps you could do some of your solo driving on a small motorbike? Those Suzuki GS500's get something like 80 MPG and are dirt cheap too. Plus, chicks dig bikes ;)

3. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
  4. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    awsome, thanx for the help, i guess i wont throw away my money.

-Jake

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I usually don't read the New York Times, but there was an article in yesterday's business section about infomercials. No link found, but the jist was: don't waste your money on products advertised on infomercials.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    The thing is, one the air passes that little tornado thing, it does have a vortex effect. But, it doesn't last much past that. You're better off doing some other modifications such as a better flowing air filter like an air hog or a K&N. Also, putting a better ignition coil can make a difference as well. Make sure to keep up on your tune ups, and change your O2 sensor.

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    And some NAAAWWWSSS!

:ninja:

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Imo any of these products like the Tornado thingy or the additives that claim to increase power, restore lost compression, quiet noisey engines etc are nothing more than snake oil.

Save your money.

9. Stickers, NOS and fiberglass body kits all exponentially increase your horsepower and MPG. True fact.

10. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I had a customer come in last year with a "TORNADO" device in an air duct on on his 6.0 liter. He used his 3/4 ton C/K Chev truck for hauling a contractors trailer. He would experience infrequent backfiring when hauling the trailer. As a factory warrant courtesey, I installed a new crank sensor for him, but that didn't fix it. I think under load, the Tornado, was causing the mass airflow sensor to send an inaccurate signal to the pcm. He wouldn't let me remove it to see if that was the problem. Also, there's always someone out there, who puts way to much oil on their new K&N air filter.....it's not good to coat the O2 sensors with air filter lube.

11. Fuel prices cant be that bad, but over here they are bad!

12. Aye, any American would be horrified at gas prices here.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This topic has been discussed... I dont think you can compare americans to europeans. Honestly, we are too stupid to even argue that we arent stupid.

14. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    Haha

-Jake

15. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    i am a car freak, all it is is a poorly made intake as opposed to getting an intake, if you want better gas milage get a chip, more power and better economy because it makes you car more effiencet. other things are exhaut and as previouly mentioned intake.

16. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    im only 16 which sucks.

-Jake

17. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I added a "type R" decal to my car and gained 65 hp at the wheels. No kidding!

18. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I turned my hood ornament sideways and got another 30mpg....less air resistance of course. :p

AuG

19. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    The oil is worse for the MAF than it is for an O2 sensor.

20. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York

Man, after all these years of chasing lower et's by trying different camshafts and converters, who would have known that the secret lies in a simple sticker.

So if I put two "Type R" stickers on my car, would I finally break into the 9's?