1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Toronto - Good bars or pubs near the ACC?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Mar 15, 2008.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Driving from Montreal to Toronto tomorrow to see Iron Maiden (again...woohoo). Anyone familiar with the area around the ACC know of any good bars/pubs to get sauced in.....I mean have a drink in before the show???

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    You can try going down to the Cameron House on Queen St. West, it's just a walk away from The Rexx/Much Music.

The bar/pub/club scene is pretty much all in the same area though, a little south of there. If you find your way to a main bar or club (Inside Night Club, Yuk Yuk's Comedy, Sizzle, the Friar and the Firkin) you've found your way to the district.

www.clubcrawlers.com should have some more info.

http://www.where.ca/toronto/category_guide~category_id~16.htm

http://www.toronto.com/bars_clubs

A lot of the clubs are "older" crowds. Stay away from Mink...I went there on my 19th birthday, and the average age was like 25.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Thanks alot for the info! Looking forward to TO and of course Iron Maiden again!

4. If you are looking for a good spot to eat, check out "spring rolls" on Front street just a few blocks from the ACC and right by the St Laurence Market. Great Thai food. Stay off church street after dark, although not that close.

lowsound

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Thanks alot. I love Thai food. Will also take your advice re. Church street.

6. Great place during daylight, but after dark there are a lot of trannies. It isn't actually that bad, although the AIDS memorial is kind of scary.

lowsound

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    lol. I can definitely attest to that. My friend Jamie and I were trying to find the Courthouse, a new jazz club, on the night it opened last year. We blitzed a couple of pipe bowls while wandering the area -- spooky business!

8. You must have never been to Front and Jarvis, College and Spadina, Lansdowne and Queen, etc etc etc.:bag:

Why so many Churches on Queen street and so many Queens on Church street? :D

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Well just got back a little while ago. Had a great time at the show and found a few decent bars as well around the ACC.
    Really enjoyed the city (except trying to find cheap parking is like pulling teeth), but asides from that it was great.

10. Oh I have been to all those places and hung out with homeless kids under the Gardner overpass at Jarvis. I find Church at night much more creepy. I love the city though. There is cheep parking near the St Lawrence market.

lowsound

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    LMAO

I burst out laughing.