Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TORONTO MUSIC SHOPS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassplayer2106, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I'm in Toronto for a few days next month.
    Can anyone recommend any good music/bass shops to drop into while I'm there. :cool:

2. Hi, if you are talking Toronto Ontario Canada, I would Suggest the following.
    Capsule Music 921 Queen St. West
    - great selection of vintage equipment though it is mostly guitar stuff
    Song Bird Music is okay , it is down the street from Capsule.

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Also give Dave Freeman a call at Clubbass. 416-538-1685. He's at Ossington + Queen St. He usually has a nice collection of higher-end stuff.

4. +1 for Dave at Club Bass. I've been dealing with Dave for 15 years and he hasn't steered me wrong yet!

5. Anyway we could do a get together or something while he is down? If he brings an Alembic it will be well worth it :p

I have been meaning to go to Capsule (never knew the name) for a bit. Let me know when you are down, I'd love some company to go there

6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Capsule, Songbird, and Club Bass are all within a few blocks of each other, so they can all be done in one afternoon. If you're missing British food, there's a fish & chips (Chippy's) within a block of Capsule.