Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Toronto TB'ers??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steve Clark, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I'm curious. I see a lot of bassists located in Toronto and other parts of Ontario. I was wondering if any of the nicknames chosen hide any guys I went to Humber College with back in the late 80's. I went to school with Chris Gartner, Mike Pellarin, Steve Skingley, Rob Meisner, Steve Lucas, Eli Eisenberg to name a few. I wonder from time to time how everyone is doing.

2. I live in Brampton (GTA) but wasn;t born till 1986 so i don;t think we went to umber together. ;) :eyebrow:

3. Mississauga here
    I have a few buddies who are at humber atm.

4. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Mississauga here. But, like the others, I'm much younger. That, and I'm not even close to good enough to go to Humber.

5. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    I'm currently in my 2nd year at humber. Doing homework right now. I have to write 12 four bar phrases all resolving to different chords. This sucks. When's the last time you heard a tune on the radio that resolved to a IIImi7b5??? ARRGH!

6. BassBrace James

BassBrace James JBH Enterprises / www.BassBrace.com

Jan 17, 2005
    Cookstown, Ontario
    I'm from the Toronto area (Elora, north of Guelph) - went to York U in the mid-80's. I spend most of my time on the cruise ships though -someday I'll get a real life! I just saw Steve Lucas a couple nights ago playing with the Absolute Faith Orchestra at the ROM. He's actually living and working down in NYC mostly, but comes back up to T.O. quite often. BTW, the Absolute Faith Orchestra is a fantastic, all original jazz band run by my very good friend (and biz partner), saxist extraordinaire Pat Wheeler.

Good luck with your search... :bag:

James

7. Dunnville Ontario, about an hour and a half from Toronto. Hopefully going into some school for music next year.

8. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I don't think I've ever heard that, radio or elsewhere...