Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Torque... psht

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Wow...

I just saw that movie like... 5 minutes ago. Geeze. Lemme tell you:

I saw 20 minutes of it then I had to turn off the T.V. What a pathetic excuse for a movie. Filled with bad acting, a cheesy plot, a bunch of homosexual hot heads who think they can ride bikes, and horrible graphics, i must say, this movie sucks. Not to mention, unlike the good cicle/ car movies, this one, the stunts weren't even real! Sickening... Oh ya, not to mention the fights were like... "why", it didn't make any sence its like they lived in the desert... and they knew everyone all across the U.S. ... and they wanted to fight everyone across the U.S.

Lame.

2. My question is...
    Why would you even bother wasting 20 minutes of your time trying to give that movie a chance?

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I can dead spot a movie in 30 seconds. Like Dungeons and Dragons, with Jeremy Irons? Whooo boy, what a pile of stink. My roomate was watching it, and me and my brother, usually able to MST3K our way through such movies, had to leave. We were pretty much dumbstruck by who let this thing get made.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I have an idea, why don't you make a thread about it.

5. Uuuh...say what?

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I was about to suggest this too :cool:

7. Mystery Science Theater 3000

8. all "look at me, im a punk!!" movies suck. ive given many chances to them all, but they took those chances and ripped them up and threw them back in my face.

on a much lighter note, have you seen all the kitty threads? :)

9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Oh Lord! I remember that POS movie. I was bored one day and actually ordered it on pay per view :rollno: . I only watched half of it. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Thora Birch is still uber-hot though :) !

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    dodgeball was great:p just saw it...

ADVICE TO ALL! STICK TO THE VERY END pass the credits... ITS SOOOO WORTH IT:]

Cheers

11. Every movie I see with more than two friends I end up doing that. I've ruined the LoTR series for almost all of my friends.

Dawn of The Dead was a good one too.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I got alot of people pissed at me because i saw 3rd matrix at 6am (dont ask dont tell few friends thought it be funny todo and it was because we saw 4 NEO's and 2 agents who almost got in to a fight... it was great:p) anyway putting away msg on my aim/yim/msn/icq and voicemail saying:
    "ya um... matrix... NEO turned out to be just some homeless and a fake, the one is really the one is Morpheus who has a choice of getting laid or saving the earth... he chooses to get laid, has sex with the oracle and everyone dies:]

Ya i got so many angry anwsers like "if even part of that is true i will kick you!"

The 3rd matrix sucked anyways... they messed up...

anyway i did feel bad for doing it but it was funny:p

Cheers

13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    torque, that name is ****ing retarded. i saw the previews for this movie, and it looked exactly like you posted. a lame excuse for a movie with some stuipidass pretty boy idiot that pretent to be cool by pretending to "ride motorcycles" and drink "beer" and such. i know this movie is stuipid, because of the structure most of these movies follow. fast and the furious 2 for example. i knew this movie would bomb, because it not only had a stuipid pretty boy star in it, but it has some bogus rappers. you know a movie is gonna be pretty bad when ja-rule and lil-sammy or something stuipid co-star.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Uh, yeah, but it did pretty damned good. I think it did just shy of $70 mill, domestically.

15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    no, what i mean was, i knew this movie would be stuipid as ****... ;).

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, duh; the "wacky" name "2 Fast 2 Furious" was a pretty big tip off.

17. Yes to all,

but of course we are all soooooooo thankfull that a new breed of coffee-can & graffix laden erector-set tailfin cars tearing down our roads by ridiculously self-absorbed boy-racers was born from it.

Yay.

And yup, some of the computer graphics are so ridiclously bad they make "the Last Starfighter" look photorealistc.

"Grig, we're gonna have to use the Deathblossom on this one"

18. Isn't that the movie where the kid crawls inside the alien?

I just had to leave the "yay" in there.

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    'greetings starfighter....you have been recruited by the star league to defend the frontier against xur and the kodan armada...'

:D

20. Yay (tm)

Nope, last Starfighter was the one where they dupe a videogame addict (hooked on a game of the same name) into fighting a war for them...see the aliens are so smart they place these games all over the galaxy as trace-able fight simulators to recruit new soldiers.

neat idea, bad execution.
    v:O)