1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

total electronic make-over(passive's to active)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MyNameIsMUD, Oct 3, 2003.

1. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    [backround jibberish]
    Well, I went to Mr.E's and played on a bunch of peavey basses and... DAMN! They all played very very well. I was in the zone the hole day. I finaly got to play a on one of those Cirrus's that everyone praises and I now see what you guys where talking about. It felt/sounds/looked great. My only complaint about it was... within 5minutes of me playing it the battery went out(least thats my best guess) and it kept makings this flanger/screech/feedback type sound. o_O
    but up until that it was all gravy. :p
    Well, I talked to the guy ther and he said they should be getting a few of those Grind NTB's including a 6string that I want to dig into.. So if those grinds live up to the feel of the other peavey's then I already know what my next bass will be.
    [/jibberish]
    Only thing is, from my understanding they(grind BXP NTB) are set up for passives. SO, maybe in a few months after I get the bass I will save up my money and drop in some EMG-DC's and active... stuff.. I dont know how active pickups work tbh and I dont know what I will need to do this. or how much it will cost, and cost to have done. Like having someone cut in the bass to put a battery holder and what not...
    Anyone else do this kind of project forthere bass and have some kind of price range for this type of thing?
    thanks