1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Total knee replacement

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Innocuous, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Innocuous

Innocuous In Memoriam

May 5, 2014
    N. E. Ohio
    Had the operation 5/30. Still waiting to get into a rehab center. (Insurance hold-up) I just want to go home. I am at one of the best facilities in the Cleveland area. I would hate to see a poorly rated facility. They seem to not know what hand is doing what. Oh well, I'm going to go because this sounds like I'm high.

2. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg

Can you still get oxy?

3. Innocuous

Innocuous In Memoriam

May 5, 2014
    N. E. Ohio
    Yea. But it's not what it's cracked up to be. Years ago I was prescribed Vicodin. I ate them like candy...... For a while. Side effects are not good.

4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    Watched a former Olympic runner get a double knee replacement on some surgery show a few years ago. They basically peeled back the meat, cut the bones above and below the joints, drilled holes in both bones then installed the replacement joint on pegs put in the holes and closed it all up. Looked pretty gruesome but she was up and back jogging in a few months so I guess it's worth it if you have bad knees.

With my luck they'd install them backwards.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Immigrant likes this.
  5. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    They must be giving you the bunky stuff.

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I couldn't read halfway through the post. I'm such a wuss.:atoz:

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    My mother had a knee replacement in April of last year. She went through 3 weeks of intensive therapy at a rehab center and another week of at home rehab. She was 78 years old at the time. She was off the walker one week after getting home and off the cane another week later. She was determined to get better and did all the therapy exercises. Here we are 14 months later and you would never know she had surgery and is walking great.

8. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    Don't worry about the wait to get into rehab....actually a bit on early side imo(not a dr. but hey, this is TBOT). Trying to rehab against swollen tissue can be counter-productive. Be well, be patient, patient. I've seen a lot of people do great after this - have faith.

9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    oxy is just nasty

Get you some Norco 10/325's clean, effective, no scratching your nose off your face.

10. Back in 2004 Bobby Orr had both knees replaced. The before and after x-rays are in his autobiography. He says it's the best thing he ever did, it allows him to enjoy a quality of life he never could before.

11. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I had a pair of hips done. If you need it it is a miracle. Follow the therapy. Do not gain weight. Keep all other system working well.

And have the surgery done before you lose muscle mass. Recovery will be quicker.

And be careful of opiate addiction. If you find your self waking up in the middle of the night waving your arm in the air realize that's what happened.

12. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg

You need to pm me, ese.

13. Innocuous

Innocuous In Memoriam

May 5, 2014
    N. E. Ohio
    Woo hoo ! Going home this afternoon. After they saw I could do steps, all was good. Waiting on my ride.