1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Total Watt confusion, need advice: Head for EBS 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MattOfSweden, Feb 27, 2008.

1. MattOfSweden

MattOfSweden Playing for time

Feb 2, 2008
    Sweden
    Hello guys,

I have a 4ohm 4x10 EBS proline cabinet, and am now shopping for a head to go with it.

After some browsing and playing in stores I had two alternatives - the high priced one being an EBS HD350 (listed 350W), the low priced one being the Warwick ProFet 3.2 (listed 300W).

Today I played "Live" with the Warwick head - just me, guitar and saxophone - no drums, no keys, no vocals. I was awestruck - I could not believe how "quiet" the Warwick sounded - ok it was pretty loud, but that was with the master volume at MAX, and input level just starting to clip.

Was the Warwick head defect, or is 300 Warwick Watts not enough to make your ears say no?

I'm really confused here - should ~300W (in 4ohm) be enough, or should I look for something much higher? Would the EBS HD350 work volume wise for me when the Warwick profet 3.2 didn't?

I won't go with the Warwick, that's for sure, but should I get?

I'm new here, and really hope for your advice.

I want good allround sound to cover as many styles as possible. Basses are Yamaha bb3000s, Fender Jazz and Corvette $$.

peace / M