Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Totally got to see the Watt last night

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Matt Till, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAmazing. It was like punk free jazz. I was right up front and took some pics, I'll post them... at some point... at somewhere... I hope they turned out. I also got to shake hands with Watt. I couldn't think of much to say, I was kinda star struck, I just said helluva show a couple of times and listened to him ramble on with other folks at the show.

A kid even had him draw a Blue Oyster Cult symbol when he autographed a minutmen record. :D

I'm really looking forward to picking up the album, they didn't have any at the show. Very cool though, I know Mike is one of those people who will be making really good music for a really long time.

Keep up the good work Watt, good luck on the rest of the tour. Hope you stop in and say hi when you get the time. :bassist: + :keyboard: + :drums: :D

2. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I'm pissed I missed him when he was playing cali. Though I did catch him with the secondmen, when he opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I couldn't really ask for a better show. Plus, it was cool when the flaming lips and rhcp all came out and played a song with them. hahahhahahaaaa.... All I can remember is Wayne Coyne screaming into a megaphone.

Oh! Score! I'll catch him in december in san diego. The world is once again a magical place.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Aweeesome. It's a killer show, you shant regret.

4. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Have you read the tour diary at all? A couple creepy small world type things for me in there, but at some point Mike says that he had to go to "sh*thard center for bass strings." Hahahhaaaaa...

Plus cameo by Darrin Huff!

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ah, he's almost made it to talking about the show I was at...

6. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Yeah he has stayed at my place the last couple times he has come through.

Also when you read his diary here is a little tip... hold the control key and use the scroll key on your mouse(the wheel) to enlarge or shrink the text size.

Darrin

7. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    I saw the minutemen 1 time, and firehose 10 or more times....always awesome, anyone ever see him break a string and change it while playing and singing........friggen amazing.....I also saw him for ballhog or tugboat with two drummers and Les claypool came on stage for a few........it was a bass players dream..........

8. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    going to see watt tonight in dc at the black cat. woo hoo!