1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Totally solo bass music

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by emohair, Feb 25, 2008.

1. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    myspace.com/dtwilkinson

I have tried to post my stuff on here in the past but peeps just don't download it. So now its simply streaming....enjoy fellow bass players!

2. matthiasss

matthiasss

Jan 21, 2008
    Cool stuff, keep pluckin' !

3. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    some really cool stuff dude. good timing on your post, ive been getting more and more into solo bass music recently

4. Excellent stuff.

5. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    thanks everyone...Im sure I could really spend lots of time and make these songs real ballads or something but im happy with the short and sweet.

6. Jazlikethat

Jazlikethat

Feb 25, 2008
    Hey this is very cool. I don't know if you're big on double bass but another good solo bassist is Brian Bromberg. His Album Wood is mostly just him. I liked All Blues and Freedom Jazz dance on that album. You might like listening to it.

7. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    yea man, im diggin the Brian Bromberg stuff...very crazy player!

I love this caption on his myspace

"Grammy nominated recording artist Brian Bromberg"

I have been getting great feedback. If your a fellow player, add me on myspace, we must unite!!

8. bassman312

bassman312

Oct 19, 2006
    hi. was just wondering if jeff schmidt is an influence..? great stuff btw

9. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    The four myspace songs (and the others I have) are simply a result of watching the Bass Day 98 DVD two years ago. I had no clue really how to tap or anything before I saw Manring doing it.

I wanted to learn the tapping stuff, and I did sorta...but kinda just came up with this stuff somehow on my own. I did spin lots on Manring and listened to a lot of Michael Hedges around the same time I wrote most of the songs :) I just kept hearing these melodies in my head and ran with it.

Jeff is a great player but I didn't really stumble across him till about the beginning of 07...I'm super glad tho that he's going after the solo bass thing...I don't think I have the balls to.

10. Wespe

Wespe

Feb 21, 2006
    I added you on my personal account and on my band account.

Great stuff.

11. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Great stuff. I love that the compositional nature of your songs. I listen to them as songs vs solo bass.

I downloaded them all. Thank you for allowing that. I appreciate it.

12. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    Im really stoked on all the good feedback im getting. Im glad people are simply enjoying it....everyone else just picks it all apart and tries to tell me how I should improve.

To me, these songs are what they are, and I like what they are. I'm just glad some people can also see that now.

Tell your friends and stuff, especially if you are downloading I would love for it to be shared as much as possible with people that might not have internet access.

13. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    I just wanted to re bump this thread....would love more adds and stuff and plays...enjoy the stuff peeps!

14. Last call

Last call

Aug 27, 2007
    Indianapolis
  15. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    cool stuff bro, more effects and stuff...very chill and spanish inspired stuff. Im kinda scarred thinking about how much time i would waste If I got a effects pedal thingy.

16. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    Just want to bump this up, add me if you like the stuff!

17. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    another shameless bump....if im annoying people on here just let me know

18. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    Bumping it up, looking for me people who are interested is cool music.

19. krazyduck

krazyduck

Jan 27, 2008
    i like it.

how long does it take to be able to do that naturally? i started teaching myself bout three months ago, and im progressing nicely, but im just wondering.

wish i had someone who can teach me to play like that. . .