Touch Up Worn Spots on Warwick

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jaxstarke, Apr 19, 2019.

1. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Beckley, WV
    Any ideas how you would go about fixing these couple of worn spots on a Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$? The color is burgundy red. A few questions: Where would you buy a stain in that color? I assume you'd have to sand and re-stain the whole thing? Best/easiest satin finish? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician
    Go to an artist supply store. They have a whole bunch of colours of permanent markers. You will likely get a pretty close match and the next time a scratch occurs, you are ready for it.

Zooberwerx and jaxstarke like this.
  3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This is true but with one caveat: I'm of the suspicion that the wear-pattern is a result of resting your thumb just above the pups. If that's the case, you'll wear-through the repair in no time at all. You may want to consider snagging some self-adhesive mylar scratch guard sheets and fabricating a protective "skin" for the vulnerable area. I know Stew-Mac carries it as do other sources. Here's one I did for my Carvin:

CarvinBodyFront.jpg

Riis

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022