Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tough Bass Case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jock, Jan 11, 2004.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's very tough, I just flew in from California, I'm in boston now, and using that case I didn't even need to worry about my bass at all.

though a big issue with it is this oil that is on the case that prevents stickers from sticking, which can be kind of lame, but for the most part...it's a rocking caes

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks, that´s good to hear.
    How does it look on the inside? Is it padded?
    I´ve found no info about that.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I found some more info for you here: Bass Case

Didn't really say if it was padded. Judging from the description, I think it may not be.

-Mike

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    it is NOT padded, the design of the case is to put your bass IN ITS GIG BAG inside the case.

so if you have a nice gig bag, then that's all the padding right there, the bass safe is like a hardshell for your gig bag.

it's very cool, the idea being, once you get to your destination, you just use your gig bag, instead of lugging around a big hardshell.

6. Now i have a question, what gig bag fits best in there? the only gig bags i have are fender like and i would say they are lightly padded. I was thinking of getting an undercover gig bag and that flight case. would that work?

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a pretty high quality Levi's bag, I walked into the store and said "I need your most padded gig bag, and that's what I got, it fits in the bass safe just not perfectly. it takes a little bit of work to get it in there, but that's because I leave my strap and cables in the gig bag making it a couple inches thicker.

either way, the case is about 6 inches thick, so you can work from there.

It should be a snug fit, you don't want the case rattling around too much inside the safe.