1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tough Choice To Make

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murph_Orpheus, Apr 19, 2010.

1. I've recently found myself to be in 2 bands(not complaining, it's fun!) but the one thing that's getting annoying is having to bring my rig between different places to practise. So I'm thinking of picking up a cheap 2nd rig just for practise so I can leave it in one place and leave my main rig in the other. So I've come across a used Peavey Tour 450 and 115TVX cab for €350 together which I think is a bargain but I also came across a guy selling a GK 1001RB for €450, now obviously it doesn't have the cab like the former and I'd have to save extra to get one but I've been wanting to get a 1001RB for a while now. Any suggestions which of these I should go for? Keep in mind I don't have a lot of money to spend unfortunately :crying:

2. The Peavey Tour series is a decent head. Solid, no-noncence tone. The 115TVX is a beast of a cab, even better if it is the 4ohm version. It would be a good practice rig for the money. The GK is a great head, but you would still need a cab.

Go with the Peavey.

3. fourfinger

fourfinger Gold Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio
    ^^^ Listen to your Number One friend (yourself, quoted above).

Whenever possible, you should get the gear you really want. Don't buy something else because you think it's a good price, unless you like it.

It's a second amp -- not an emergency. you'll find a good deal on a cab later. Just get the 1001RB. Even if it means carrying the cab a little longer.

(I like GK anyway though.)

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to that^, don't deny yourself a piece of gear that you really want,....ever. You'll find a cheap cab for the GK head anyway.

5. Yeah I guess you guys are right, I've come across someone selling a Peavey 410 TX for €120 :) I'll see what I can do about getting the GK now