1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tough decision!!! Squier Deluxe Jazz V or an Ibanez SR305

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AQP, Jun 1, 2011.

1. AQP

AQP

May 31, 2011
    I'm in the market to upgrade my bass playing skills to a five string and am intruiged by both of these basses and will pick up either one or the other tomorrow from GC, but they are both so good it's hard to decide!!! I like the feel of both with a slight lean towards the Ibanez due to it's slender lightweight body and fast neck, but at the same time I love the neck on the Squier and the extra heft isn't a big deal to me (I have big hands), but I'd love to have those extra frets (you never know, better to have than have not) on the Ibanez but hear that the electronics are better on the Squier, grrrrrrr!!!!! :help:

And of course there's which one will keep up it's value longer, both are fine basses IMHO and I'd probably hold on to it until I pass it down to my grand kids one day but I'd like to see it hold up that long and the Ebanol fret board worries me.

So if anyone out there could give me some final advice tonight I'd appreciate it, can't wait to get my hands on either one of these monsters, and too boot I'll be buying a fretless 5 sting (Douglas WEB 825 NA Fretless) next week to accompany whichever I buy it that might add any more info to my ensemble to help my selection :)

2. AQP

AQP

May 31, 2011
    Posts move fast here so I'll give it a little bump, Any opinions on anyone with experience with both or either bass highly appreciated :help:

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I had an SR305Dx and absolutely hated it. But that's me. I'm not you. Just go, spend quality time with both, and remember that you have 30 days to return it if you don't like it.

4. AQP

AQP

May 31, 2011
    I spent good quality time with both tonight and they both seemed great with little cons for each but a lot of pro's on both for my tastes, The Ibanez had a nice versatile sound to me that could fluctuate with various styles of music topped with the nice thin neck accommodated by those extra frets if I needed them within reach, and the body was nice and lightweight, but the Squier felt meaty yet easily played across the fingerboard with ample room for my long fingers and like it could possibly hold up over time and had a great sound as well due to what time I played with the electronics what didn't you like about the SR305? I'll be going back tomorrow to decide between the two and can give it another once over and get further into the details.

5. AQP

AQP

May 31, 2011
    Went with the Ibanez SR305, Side by side against the Squier it felt and played so much better to me and the feeling was unbelievable!!! Didn't get to play with it much tonight since I had to do some work but this will definitely fit the bill for me along with the Douglas WEB 825 NA Fretless I will order next week for many years to come, I got my hands built up and ready from learning on a flat woundstring Silvertone that I can now retire, time to work on perfection and slap!!!