Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tough Weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ldiezman, Apr 22, 2003.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Well.. I have had a fairly bad year so far.. alot of personal issues... not realy school related, but the problems have definately been affecting my scholastic performance slightly.

Well this past friday, I lost a friend whom I have known my whole life... She was killed in a Car accident.. She went to college here at Winthrop and she also went to my highschool. This girl was absolutely gorgeous... and honestly the nicest, sweetest, most caring person I've ever known. Her dad is my eye Dr. and he too is a great man. It was so hard hearing the news, and it was worse to see her father the way he was.

At the funeral, one of the singers from my band sang "his eye is on the sparrow" and he sang it wonderfully... but it was hard seeing him go through it because he too was close friends with Claire.

On Saturday one of my roommates lost his grandmother... so he has been home since friday.. he is having a tough time with that as well...

To top things off.. i ran into a door and broke a toe saturday evening

This has been such a tragic weekend.. i feel so terrible about it all.. mostly for the family... its just so sad for someone barely 20 to leave so unexpectedly... its just tough... sorry if you guys hate reading sob stories.. but i needed to get this out alittle..

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    ldiezman,

We have become a little community of sorts here, so you should feel comfortable baring your soul here. As we all come to know each other better the expressions of joy and sadness and compassion become increasingly real.

It is so sad to hear of so many young ones losing their lives for no apparent reason. Even sadder when it is due to circumstances beyond their direct control. Take your time to grieve and while you're at it, take some time for introspection. Identify those things that you like about you and magnify them.

My prayers are with you.

Peace,

James

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Don't worry about posting. Like Malthumb said were like a "little community".

Were here to help.

May God be with you.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ldiezman -

I can speak from experience: this is an excellent place to vent your pain and frustration. There are some wonderful people here, very caring and helpful. These people are a part of your family, without them I would have lost my sanity long ago.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I wish there were something I could do or say to make the pain go away, but there isn't. Eventually time will dull it, but it will always be there, you will just learn to live with it. It is not necessarily a bad thing, because it means that person was very important to you and will always be a part of your life.

If you need to talk it out anytime, feel free to PM me.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    thanks fellas.. i appreciate what you've said very much. Its just been such a difficult year.. since december My life has been complety chaotic... and now all this happens.. with 2 weeks left of school and finals comming up, I just don't know if I can handle all of this... Well I know I can handle it.. I guess I have to.. but this really has been the hardest time of my life... thanks for your thoughts and prayers

6. wow idiez, you have a lot on your plate right now. i am sorry you are going through all this. and your right, to lose a life so young. wow. i know this is not what you want to hear right now, however, things will eventually get better. its hell when all this happens at one time. will keep you in my thoughts. take care of yourself hon.

:( :)

7. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss, but I have some potentionally good news for you. I live in Clover, SC and I know a few people that go to Winthrop. There is going to be a big outdoor show in Clover sometime in the next month or two to raise money for the local Rescue Squad. My drummer is a big part of it and he is getting together 10-15 bands to play in the festival and we have all been on the lookout for bands. If you want to play just drop me an email Wownirvana@aol.com and let me know what style your band is and some other info about your band. If you have a demo or somewhere we can come check you out would be cool too. If you know Joseph Goodwin, he is our guitarists brother and could give your our contact information. Our guitarist is Wil Goodwin and Paul Robinson is our drummer. My name is Josh Yoder, and our band is called Second Left, I hope to hear from you soon~Josh

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    MorningDove what can I say.. you and Your sis are great people.. you always have words of encouragement.. thank you :D

Wownirvana.. I'm sending you a PM.. I would love to play.. it seems that playing is the only thing that really keeps me going.. I am a vocal performance major.. but I can't sing when I'm upset.... My band Is playing this friday at The Money here in Rock Hill if you want to check us out... but again.. I'll be Pming you more on this

Thanks again guys, I just had a long talk with my voice prof. and he is going to allow me to take an N in voice if I decide I can't go through Juries next week... we'll see