toughest times with your band...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bitingelbows, Jan 22, 2002.

1. I get a sinking feeling my bands sorta screwed, we got our next gig in 2 weeks. We're ready and got a lot of new material to play but hear this:
    1) Our drums and my bass have been repossesed
    2) The guitar is in need of 50$ worth of repair
    3) The guitarist has seriously damaged his hand yesterday
    4) My bag was stolen along with all our flyers
    5) I urgently require my wisdom teeth to be pulled, as they hurt like **** and I'm the singer too
    6) Our only demo tape got chewed up by my stereo

But we'll be just fine, hopefully. Anybody face problems like that /at the same time?
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...dude. That's pretty harsh. Course, it might make a good story later on. Then again, might not. Either way that's almost crossing over into hyperbole.
  3. Um, no, but that's a nasty looking list of bad karma! :eek:

It all comes down to priorities...
  4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Go steal a U-Haul and make another demo.
  5. ouch...dude that must really blow. I mean I've been through a few serious times with my band (mostly including members wanting to leave and getting new ones), and we're actually going through quite abit now.
    But hey dude, that happens actually...I think stuff like that happens to every band. Normal I suppose..even though it sucks.
  6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Hey man that sucks. I remember a bad time for one of my old bands was when we were around the 2 month mark of being a band and I had been playing bass for only a year and wasnt very good. Anyway, the band and I had practice one day and they were trying to think up some solos for each band member. Well, it came to be my turn and I didnt have anything so I made up a horrible Bass line and lets just say from that moment on I have'nt practiced with those guys;)
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well if you DO stay a band at least you know nothing like that will ever happen again!:D
  8. hey,that does kinda suck some serious fat ass! hope it all goes good for you! i remember once in our band we played a full 2 hour set without a guitarist cos he was somewhere backstage with his head down a toilet but we survived! trust me, you'l do mint! good luck!
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    BassQueen has a point. It's bad...but, no matter how bad you think it is, it COULD be worse....and believe me, just when you think you hit Rock bottom, the bottom drops out, so instead of counting your woes...count what you DO have going for you. Optimist, not pessimist.
  10. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    On the other hand, check my signature...:D
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Brooks...I'm trying to be helpfull. I'm a pessimistic futurist myself. But I'm also fairly laid back. Funny combo, hu?
  12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    the toughest time w/ my band was when we broke up, we didn't talk to eachother for like 2 months, but then me n the drummer got a new guitarist and formed anothe band

13. Condolences bitingelbows, you've had a hard time, but I guess if you come through this it could be a good bonding experience, and it'll make good reading in your first interviews..... on the positive side!
    Good Luck :)
  14. Dude, that totally sucks ass!

I remember this one time when I was playing my Sax for my friends. We were playing some Less Than Jake songs and I let someone else play my bass while I was playing my Sax. I live in Texas so it is always hot, even at night. We were playing at night and then a Cold front blew in. During my solo my reed totally warped and all the strings on everybody's guitar became untuned. We were booed off the stage.
  15. Sounds just like our practise room! :D Boutique instruments and changing humidity don't mix...