Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tour dates

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by tallman1, Apr 8, 2004.

1. tallman1

tallman1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hey there, Watt. I noticed you had some tour dates with the Secondmen posted on your site recently, but it looks like you've removed them. Hope everything's okay. If things get back on track, I'm hoping you'll add a San Francisco date to the list.

Dave
    Pedro High Class of '89

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

dave,

what it was is that the record's now coming out ("the secondman's middle stand") on august 17 so I moved the tour to coincide w/that. it'll start september 3 and go to november 9 and don't worry, I dig playing s.f.

on bass, watt

3. tallman1

tallman1

Apr 8, 2004
    Glad to hear it. I'm also glad you're finally getting the Middle Stand stuff recorded. I've really enjoyed hearing the new material on the past couple of tours and I've been looking forward to hearing the finished product.

Dave

4. watt

dave,

it's done - in fact, an electronic download version will be out in like four weeks, a physical one august 17th.

thanks much for your kind thoughts, brother.

on bass, watt

5. bassguild

bassguild

Jun 27, 2003
    NYC
    can't wait for the tour either...definitely gonna get the download. any chance you are gonna do anymore dates with george on the minutemen duets?

jason
    www.punyhuman.com

6. watt

jason,

check the hoot page - me and george play may 21st in san pedro at la zona rosa #2. we'll be doing a duet performing minutemen songs we played many years ago.

on bass, watt

7. Hey Mike,
    Bummer about the show cancellations, but of course it's great news that you made a new record. I already had tickets for the Secondmen show in Atlanta on May 13.. gotta get my money back! Hopefully you'll be headin' this way in the fall. I'll be there as always. The E.A.R.L. is pretty cool, but The Point was the best, eh?

8. watt

dave,

the point was a great pad to play and I miss it much. the earl folks have been very nice to me though. I'll be through in the fall for sure - count on it!

on bass, watt