1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Touring fender today-questions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Feb 26, 2013.

1. A family friend works at the Scottsdale fender bulding, they dont do tours but due to knowing someone I am getting a private tour more or less, there isnt much exciting stuff there but there are alot of guitars. This branch is more paperwork but they have basses, guitars , amps etc and alot of knowledge filled people. I apparently am doing the our with the head CEO of this branch.

You guys have any questions? I dont really have much to ask them but if your dying for a answer on something they may have it.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes--ask them if Fenders are overrated.

;)

3. I will do so if its agreed that will end the debate;)

Maybe which fender is best for metal?

4. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    What are the plans for the Genz Benz line??? PS Welcome to Scottsdale ;-)

5. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Ask them if they're handing out any free samples that day..

Enjoy your tour

6. Way fun. Yeah, ask him if in general, do most P and J basses weigh somewhere between 8lbs and 9lbs, thanks.

7. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Future plans for the Roscoe Beck basses? :)

8. Ah your local eh? My aunt owns a small cafe here and I find myself here about once a year, I like it here, but thanks:)

9. Ask the CEO for the combination to their air-lock.

1-2-3-4-5!? That's amazing! I have the same combination on my luggage!

10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    You are baaaad sir!!!!

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Also ask someone what's the best amp for Metal or the best strings for Rock. :)

12. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com

Winner!

Ask him what Fender is best for metal....

13. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    What Cafe? My wife and I eat out all the time, I'll stop by and try it out.

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ship that free Olympic White Precision V to:

P. Aaron Jones
    Huntington Woods, MI 48070

15. Its called Dona Kay's Cafe, tell her Lukas told you about it:D

Honestly not coming from a biased perspective, the food is great.

9015 E Via Linda #105

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

16. What did he say about the weight?

17. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Can he sign your boobs... oh and see if he can tell the manufacturing country of origin in a blind fold test.

18. No boob signing. I am going to be honest while I was walking with the two main people I was geeking out, talking about how this bass was not correct for a '57 the logo was wrong blah blah and they just laughed and said wow you know more then both of us combined and one had worked there 30 years, thing is he was in RD for amps and she wasnt even a player , just a manager of sorts. They were very nice, I could not have asked for a better tour. I saw many CS fenders , many artist sigs, they had a geddy lee conference room with his basses in it, a jimi room, George Harrison, SRV, Randy Rhoads, etc.

Best part was I was walking by a office, it said Mike eldred, I stop and looking in he looks up and says hi and I said I have seen you in many fender videos. He said "yep thats me come in " so I walk in his office and he starts asking about me, i talk shop with him and tell him I own a '58 CS NAMM 2005 Special edition relic P bass...... he says "look at this, I have been waiting tell someone came in with a 1958 relic, here check this out" he opens a binder with photos of a real 1958 P bass , he stated how "some people just dont understand the beauty in a worn instrument", he talked for a bit more and he said "hey if you see something you like take it".

I saw many one off squiers proto-types, badass basses people would flip out on these boards for if they were released. I soaked in the details of each. Towards the end of the tour, they were talking to me about jobs. Telling me how to apply. That they know people in personal departments and that I could use them as a reference.

19. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Can you ask them what they were on when they made the starcaster?

20. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Ask them if they can build an SX copy.