Touring Rigs of the Stars

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Calebmundy, May 11, 2009.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm just guessing, but a couple guys with names like Tiny or Bruno or Spike might not let you get very far. If you're lucky, you might keep your spine intact.

2. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Wow. Every time I see Tal up there with a bunch of LEGENDS I decide I need to practice more. So, that being the case, I'm going to wait until later to post what I have in this thread...

3. distrot

distrot

Mar 26, 2007
    ya i'd imagine where wouldn't be much of me left haha

4. JT Bass

JT Bass

Jun 2, 2009
    NYC
    Actually, probably the most 'valuable' bass here is the bass SB is playing. Someone please double check me on this, but it's either the first piccolo bass or first modern six string (B-C) ever made, by Carl Thompson. Here's a better picture. I can't remember exactly what Steve said at the gig.

11kcow4.jpg

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Love his sound with Jamiroquai. That Gas Cooker must be a sweet DI.

6. JT Bass

JT Bass

Jun 2, 2009
    NYC
    One more. Can't see much of the rig, really, just enough to see what brand of cabs, but I though the pic came out kind of cool with the juxtaposition of the stage/screen.

Been lurking awhile, you guys run a good site, helped me out a lot with researching gear, etc. Thanks.

-JT

qzj02e.jpg

7. Saw them in Montreal a few weeks ago, Dom is using a Fender P now (maybe just on overseas dates, so he doesn't have to take the Ric?). Sounded almost as good as with the Ric when I saw 'em a few years ago. He also used a Travis Bean for a couple songs.

Fender P-bass --> pedalboard --> Avalon U5 DI --> SVT -- SVT 810

3504906207_cce0600412.jpg

8. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    This picture must be older (early Turner/Jamiroquai collaboration) since it has the GS cabs.

Actually he is using an A-Designs RedDI and db cabs now.

9. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I heard that gas cooker was not Paul's. It is owned by one of the recording engineers they work with so it is not always available.

Black DB cabs with the silver grill are on his new live stage rig. Not sure how old the pic is.

10. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    James Lomenzo's(Megadeth) sweet rig

[​IMG]

11. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    Ooo, lots of good rig pics on the Ashdown site;

Heres Nate Mendel's of the Foo Fighters;

[​IMG]

2 x ABM 900 heads and 2 x Ashdown Classic 810's

12. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    Kingy!

[​IMG]

2 x MK500's and 2 x crazy custom 410's

13. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    With Black Label Society. He changed it up for Megadeth, doesn't use the Buzzards anymore and I can't remember what else.

14. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    + a Line6 BassPod XT Pro

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
    Jack Daley - Lenny Kravitz

photo-1-1.jpg

Its the rack closest to use with the ABM900's on the top, the other 2 are Lenny's

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
    Eddie Breckenridge - Thrice

3430177435_ba5a759ea5.jpg

17. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    I saw Level 42 in March, and got up on the stage after the show to have a closer look. He uses the same setup still (sans the cheezy cab grills), and I believe one of the MK500 powers a couple of 2x10 wedge monitors.

I also got a close look at the pedal board, which was pretty basic. Korg DT-10 tuner, Boss digital delay, and some Digitech loop station of some sort.

Killer sound, killer playing.

18. bump! i want to see some more!

19. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    me too:)

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021