Touring the south soon. Any advice taken here.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Jul 23, 2005.

1. [Mods: This is more about traveling than music, hence OT instead of Misc]

So, band's going on tour. Here's the lineup:

Fredericksburg VA
    Chapel Hill NC
    Augusta GA
    Columbus GA
    Mobile AL
    Lafayette LA
    Jackson MS
    Nashville TN
    Louisville KY
    Arlington VA

Starting on Thursday, 10 straight shows, no days off. I've already booked hotels and stuff, so I'd just like any advice about, well, anything. For example, would it be a really bad idea to go into the deep south with a mohawk? Is there some attraction in one of these cities I absolutely HAVE to see? Lay it on me.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Make sure you have alot of extra sets of strings since you might shoot right through them with all of the heat and humidity.
  3. You'll pass within a mile of my house at the I-12/I-10 split between Mobile and sure to honk.

4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Whatever you do don't say "Nascar sucks".
  5. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I've driven through Augusta a couple times and you aren't missing out on anything there. It's not a bad idea to have a mohawk just as long as you aren't a jerk. With the mohawk, I'm assuming you play in a punk band. maybe, maybe not.. You guys should have played in Atlanta. There are usually good turn outs at the punk nights here.

6. Where you playing in Jackson? I would be cool to see another Tbers band. Im only 15 minutes away from Jacktown.
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The entire MS wing of TB will support you. :D

8. yeah all two of us! :D
  9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Free Scholtzburgers for everyone.

10. I like those little pizzas yall sell myself.

11. Well from what I know...

Chapel Hill - UNC - WOMEN!!!
    Augusta - GOLF!!
    Columbus - ARMY!!
    Mobile - Ahh Mobile, Since you're here you should get as much gulf seafood in you as you can pack in. Go out on Dauphin Island maybe for some good places.
    Lafayette - If you don't get a big tray of fresh crawfish and a Dixe Black Voodoo beer to wash it down, I'll personally come down there and whip yer butt.

But in all seriousness, if you want to experience one of the greatest joys of the south, do this...Get up early one morning before the sun comes up in any of these great places and take the van out of town a little ways. Find a little red dirt road that winds off into the countryside and take it for a mile or two. Don't get lost, just get away from the hubbub. Find a place where you can get out and watch the sun come up. Then, right there, while you take deep breaths of the sweet, heavy air and watch God light up that new painted sky you will understand why we southerners love this place like we do.

Good Luck
  12. No, my punk days are over...

MS people, the venue is W.C. Don's.
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm thinking i could roll up and hit the augusta show...that's about 40 miles from my
  14. Knives

Mar 18, 2005
    Athens, Ga
    I could swing to that Augusta show seeing as I live about 5 minutes away from downtown Augusta. If your show is geared toward a younger audience you will see preppy style kids emo style kids. I hate this place.
  15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Avoid people with shotguns and banjo's! :p
  16. I don't care what style kids they are as long as they come!
  17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Cool. That is down town near Hal and Mal's if I remember correctly.

Is it an "eighteen and up" show? Page is like 17 if I remember correctly.

What kind of music does your band play? Regardless, I'll try to make it out if I can.

18. 16 actually , 17 won't be here until ole september.

Yeah, if I can get in , Id love to see yall's band.
  19. Don't know if it's all ages, sorry.

The band website is and there are some free mp3s you can check out if you're curious.
  20. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I dig it. I'll try to make it for sure. Which bassist are you? :D