Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tower of Power

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by XxBassmanxX, Dec 21, 2002.

1. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    just heard a sweet recording of a live version of "Knock yourself out" by TOP. I have always beena huge Rocco fan so ill recommend this song based on the amazing tenor sax solo. Those guys can really lay it down! The Altissimo in that song puts most trumpet players to shame.

Joe

2. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Heh that came out wrong. I meant that i always tell people how good the bass is in TOP hits so i decided to brag on someone else in the band.

Joe

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I just got to see Rocco a couple of weeks ago right here in Hawaii when a friend arranged a fundraiser concert for his medical expenses. He got up on stage and blew a few tunes. He's still go it!

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yeah Lenny Picketts solo on knock yourself out is 2nd to none. Beleive it or not he was bassically a walkon for top, they thought he was too young for the band when they first heard him standing outside their rehearsal blowing away trying to get a spot with top. :D