Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Towner/Peacock - A Closer View

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 11, 2002.

1. It's from a while back, but I highly recommend that TBers pick up the the Ralph Towner/Gary Peacock album from 1998, A Closer View. It smokes.

It's very interesting to compare Peacock to Towner's most frequent low-end collaborator, Glen Moore. With Towner, I think I may like Peacock's approach, which is considerably more percussive, more than Moore's.

Am I mistaken, or did Peacock and Towner do another duet album released under Peacock's name, maybe around 1992 or so?

2. ithink you may be correct about that album..have you listened to "not two..not one" paul bley, paul motian and gary peacock.? he has a great big tone on that one..also, do you recall the title of the solo bass album that peacock did? it seems like it was entitled "december" something??

3. The record your thinking of is called "Oracle" is from 1994 (ECM), and should still be in print. If your into "A Closer View" it is a must have.