Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Toyota Driving Eye Sensor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Sep 7, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. What if you have a lazy eye :confused:

3. You're getting lazy eye confused with "Strabismus" impairment.

interesting tho.

4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I'm thinking the breaking action could in itself create an accident.

I'd be more interested in a breathalyzer that you have to use before the car will start. Over the legal limit? The car doesn't start.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1! Decent idea, horrible execution.

-Ray

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Which idea? The automatic braking or the breathalyzer?

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    The braking thing. The breathalyzer is a cool idea. Annoyance? Perhaps it would be, but it'd save a lot of lives. A lot of people would hate to have their cars retrofitted with it (breathalyzer), and you know they would want to do that.

-Ray

8. rfalter

rfalter

Jul 20, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    This is already here. The State[MD] installed one of these devices on my neighbor's car for him after one too many DWIs. It's one method of probation they can use so you can still drive.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Instead of an intrusive technology I think they should just focus on cars that drive themselves.

10. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I think the braking idea is a bad thing too, unless it gradually puts on the brakes.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And what happens when you turn your head to check your blind spot when changing lanes? If it beeps everytime thatd be annoynig. And yes the braking sounds like a bad idea.

nope.

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    what if the person falls asleep and keeps their head straight?

13. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I saw one of the breathalyzer things on a news program, it was applied to a fellow's car after he had a few dui's.

Problem was, mouthwash has a high enough alcohol content to be detected by the machine: he got a probation violation, and was late to work as his car wouldn't start, because of some mouthwash.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    DUMB IDEA... what if i am try to pull into traffic and looking backwards over sholder for opening...

I hate technology like that... it should be simple... people should know to drive or not drive at all... this "helping people how to drive" bull**** just makes more bad drivers...

This is where i want to quote George Carlin at...

"Some of these morons have saaabs, we bought a saaaaab... Well What did you buy a Swedish peace of **** like that for? It's a safe car... Some of these people think that by buying a safe car it excusive them the responsibility of learning how to drive the ****** thing... first you learn to drive then you buy your safe car…"

15. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    My fiance brought up the looking over your shoulder point.. also is this thing going to kick in if I glance at the radio or the person I'm sitting next to for a second?

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Do you know anybody who sleeps with their eyes open?

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm guessing they probably thought of that. I just want a helmet that I can use to aim my chaingun just like an Apache pilot.

brad cook

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Chainguns are for hippies... i want a rocket luncher for those traffic hours...

PS i am sure they doooo think... like those guys were thinking when they made pinto explode... i dont trust it...

Plus i think my second point was my main one... this will just create more people who think they dont need to learn how to drive and will play with their kids on backseat while car is moving...

19. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Yes.

One of my best lady friends tells me that this girl we know sleeps with her eyes open and when she would sleep over at her house it'd freak her out.

20. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    How so? If you have to keep your eyes on the road, they won't be able to play with their kids in the back seat.