Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TPA question for you computer guys

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Feb 2, 2006.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Well we have used weather bug for years but i hate all the spy crap that comes with it. I had a buddy tell me to look into TPA weather man add on. Any of you tried it? Here is the link.

http://www.tpasoft.com/

Or do any of you have any other weather related pages that has animated radar?

2. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    what i need is a weather program that has local animated radar and some kind of siren for bad weather like weather bug has. Dont get me wrong i love weather bug but it has nasty little add ons.

3. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Still wish i knew who kept moving my post. No need for that.

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    If you would post in the correct forum, the mods wouldn't have to move your threads.(it wasn't me, btw)

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

5. I checked out the website.........you must "donate"( ? ) $ 5.00 or more for the basic download. $15.00+ for the "premium" download:rollno: :scowl:

6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    The Weather Channel offers Desktop Weather. Similar to Weatherbug, minus the spyware. I have used it for quite a while and have no complaints.

7. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ok i will try this! thanks for the idea...

read the rules, Eric. You have trouble with a mod, talk to him (or us) via PM, don't post it publicly. Btw, you'll get more answers in OT

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    LOL i think i got more replies in the lobby. Sorry bro i had to point that out.

I really was not trying to start trouble with this i tjust thought it was funny. You can delete this post if ya want to because i got the issue solved as of now. Thanks for the tips guys.

Jason i got the weather channels version. Now i wish i could just get it to work on my phone.

9. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I'm not sure if the Weather Channel has any free mobile apps, but they do have a $4 per month service with radar for Sprint/Nextel and Verizon customers.

10. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah thats what i am talking about. I have t0-mobil and it will not work on mine. This would be great for us crazy folk that live in tornado alley!

11. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    spyware sucks.

I always thought weather bug WAS spyware.

anyway, you can use adaware or spybot to remove spyware. Its really useful.