Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traa from P.O.D. this bassist has got style.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BassIsBest, Aug 6, 2000.

1. BassIsBest

BassIsBest

Jun 7, 2000
    Hey, what do you guys think of Traa Daniels, the bassist for Payable on Death (P.O.D.)? I have rescently heard some of his bass lines from their new album and I am impressed. Not to mention the fact that he uses my favorite brand of bass. He has a really different way of hitting the frets. He hits them real hard, but it sounds great! And unlike most bassist nowadays, he thumb-slaps and finger plays. I like this dude.

2. Bass Case

Bass Case

May 20, 2000
    He's good. Does many different styles on the ablum, which is more than Fieldy can claim. Seems to be a great slapper.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I think Traa is a great bassist with a great style. Lines are nicely done.

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I just bought "Fundamental...southtown" and was blown away. Traa is a true badass bass player. The only problem I have with the CD is that most of the songs sound the same. But Traa showcases what he can do on quite a few levels... Funky slap licks on "Welcome to Hollywood", fast and pounding running bass on "Rock the party", supportive and HUGE lowend on everything else.
    He's one to watch... mucho potential for the future.

5. DownCaster

DownCaster

Aug 22, 2000
    still dont know what i think of them as a band...but traa is a sweet ass bass player. for a christian band...they rock out pretty damn hard

6. Licketysplit

Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    I felt the same way when I first got their CD. Traa is damn good...

7. It comes to show you that Warwicks rock, eh! Thumbs Up!!
    Heh

8. LeftyBass

LeftyBass

Jul 20, 2000
    I have to agree... Traa ROCKS. You can really hear his Funk background coming through. I like P.O.D. anyway b/c they combine so many styles to create such a freaking AWSOME sound. You got Sonny rapping, and Traa playing funk lines with Wuv and Marcos thrashing out standard hard-core. Lefty Approves.