1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Traben AP4 Zebrawood

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim Burkland, Nov 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I had a super cool guy come by to pick up a bass from me, ended up discussing a potential trade for his Traben AP4 (Array?) with Zebrawood. I have attached some pictures. I have yet to come across a good source of exactly what this is on this internet. There was a post in the Traben club forum of someone who had one. Been poking through there. There is lot of love hate on these brand of basses.

What is the approx value of this? I just dont want to trade away a bass and get a raw deal. I am really in love with the Traben just from the pictures. I have never even seen one in person so that attracts me. I am assuming this one is slightly more rare than the other colors / woods.

What do you think of these? I am gonna play it this week sometime. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. I'm not seeing any Zebrawood, though it has a nice flamed maple top.

Most of these had maple tops. Spalted or flamed, sometimes the flamed got a stain.
    Seems the average NOS on Reverb is $400 to $450.

Jim Burkland likes this.
  3. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    More like tigerwood. ;)

This is what zebrawood look like:
    5pezebrawood.jpg

Jim Burkland likes this.
  4. I am unsure if it is Zebrawood as well. The guy was certain it was. Either way, it's SUPER light and plays amazing and has enough pots to get a great tone anywhere. I was blown away. I did the trade and am happy. I traded a Schecter Riot 4 for it. I will miss it. He said it was brand new in 2004 I will have to do some searching.

kodiakblair likes this.
  5. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    It's called a Foot Cameo for a reason. Don't wear shoes in foot cameo! It's just common decency to go barefoot.

6. I know when they discontinued these that they were blowing them out for $200 on eBay.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021