1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRABEN ARRAY KORE 5 STRING BASS GUITAR BLACK CHERRY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockambo, Sep 18, 2008.

1. rockambo

rockambo

Apr 12, 2005
    Washington, DC
    http://tinyurl.com/3s7ltp

Thoughts? Is Array Kore a model? I know there's an Array 5 and a Chaos Core. Is this a beast with a B string, a solid midlevel player, or keep looking?

Thanks for your advice!

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    This is a Kore five string, Array is a different model, the finish is Root Beer, the body, IIRC is actually basswood(though now I'm not 100%), other than that, the sale description is accurate.

My fave bass is a four string brother to this, and IMO an utter beast.

3. rockambo

rockambo

Apr 12, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Thanks! I saw the root beer, so that makes sense. I'm really interested in the B string response, anyone have any idea?

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    The TBer "Darkstrike" has that model and seems to love it, I'm not sure if his is 4 or 5 strings though. You could shoot him a PM and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you a brief review. :)

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Mine's a four, and from little B experience on it, its as good a B as I've played, better than most, but outside of some basses at shops, most of my B experience comes from fours tuned BEAD.

I'm afraid I can't give you a definite answer thouh as I'm mainly a 4 stringer.

6. rockambo

rockambo

Apr 12, 2005
    Washington, DC
    I've toyed with the idea of tuning a five string down to F#, but you'd need better equipment than I have to really getting anything from it ... no takers on the 5 string question?