1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traben Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Sep 6, 2008.

1. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    i too have been paying for one of these on the drip fingers crossed my final payment will be tomoro
    i had a go on a chaos and an array ltd and i liked the array better the sounds were equally awesome between the 2 i just liked the look of the array and for the 1st time in a long time i've got a wood finish bass (spalt maple no less!)

2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    guess i should post pics of my girl...lol

Trabenfront1.jpg

Trabenback2.jpg

enjoy!

3. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I'm new to the Bass community, but I did do a lot of research before I bought and realized it came down to these four things:
    1.) Does it look right?
    2.) Does it fell right?
    3.) Does it sound right?
    4.) Can I afford it?
    5.) Can I afford not to have it?
    Music is like a woman in that you should feel inspired everytime you are around it. Also, every persons wants, needs and desires are differnt so my assesment was the right guitar for me was...(drumroll)...the one I ultimately choose. In my humble opinion if you dont like how you look wearing it, dont like how you feel or sound playing it, and can't afford to buy it, then it's the wrong bass.

Lastly, my choice was the Traben Neo Limited (Spalted Burst) http://www.trabenbass.com/neo_limited.php#

Great look, yet warm tradational coloring keeps it from being over the top. Fat double soapbar active pickups with excellent "in guitar" tonal control for $450 at GC.

TB

4. RockTheBass92

RockTheBass92

May 10, 2009
    danngg i want an Array Obsession but cant find them anywhereee!

5. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Snakeman, that is the EXact model I was looking at before I bought my Spector Legend Classic...now understand, I like the Spector...but every time I see that beautiful neck through Traben, my brain starts to wander...."what if...."

6. I had an Array about three years ago. Loved the looks for the most part. Ordered it and man was I disappointed. Big gap in the neck pocket, fret job was sub par. Sent it back for a new one thinking it was just a fluke, WRONG. The new one was just as bad. The bridge pup was off to one side by about a 1/4 of an inch.

They look cool and all, but I'd never buy one again.

7. VampAng

VampAng

Jul 30, 2009
    Idaho
    lol sorry I love this quote....but I have on question....what if it's a girl that happens to be in love with this bass? lol just had to point out..... ;)

Attached Files:

• TB.jpg
      TB.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  8. Then your love for said Bass is gay... literally.

9. VampAng

VampAng

Jul 30, 2009
    Idaho
    Well okay. Not gay, but I just had to point out that some bass players are girls :)

10. Yeah, some of us are girls and we still love Trabens. Btw, they look really masculine to me. All that hard metal. :cool:

11. VampAng

VampAng

Jul 30, 2009
    Idaho
    Yeah. I love my array. I have my sig for a reason lol. I'm gonna get me a shirt.....I love my bass :)

12. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I'm getting one of these in about 2 weeks. Can't wait! Aguilar preamp, and 2 MM pups. This thing is going to kill.:bassist:

13. Cool! I've been tempted by Trabens many times but never actually pulled the trigger on one. Maybe one of these days. :)

14. VampAng

VampAng

Jul 30, 2009
    Idaho
    I spent a LOT of money. I was dead brokoe up until yesterday lol. But now....ohhhhhh I love my bass and wouldn't trade five months of being broke for anything.....

15. That's awesome. But I guess it always means more when we have to work hard for it. :)

16. "All that thick wood..."

:bag:

17. Uh.......no.

18. I meant it jokingly.

Just smile and/or chuckle wryly and move on.

19. VampAng

VampAng

Jul 30, 2009
    Idaho
    lol pfft. can I just stifle a giggle?

20. If you must.