1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Traben Phoenix basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nutmeg13, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Nutmeg13

Nutmeg13

Oct 16, 2017
    Need help from those who are familiar with these basses. :) My son's Phoenix was stolen a while ago and I'm trying to find another one for him. We bought his in 2004 and it was a black maple finish. I believe(?) this model only came in black and "blood red"? However, I've found one online that appears (to me) to be the black, yet the Seller (who bought it at a "silent auction" and "knows nothing about it") is telling me the color is "Olive & Pearl"(?) -- I'm guessing the "pearl" he's referring to is the abalone embellishment on the neck?

I'm Guessing he Thinks it's "olive" cuz the black can look a bit off-color in different lighting. I'm Hoping I'm correct that it Is actually the black Phoenix. (I've included 2 pics from the Seller's eBay listing.)

Can anyone who Knows about the Traben Phoenix basses give me some feedback on this?

Thank So Much!

Meg D - California

Attached Files:

2. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I think when he mentioned olive and pearl he was talking about the fretboard. It's got green on it as well as the pearl color. The bass itself is black.

Reedt2000 and Nutmeg13 like this.
  3. Nutmeg13

Nutmeg13

Oct 16, 2017
    Yeah...I was thinking he may have thought that. Thanks for your input. :)

Maxdusty likes this.
  4. Nutmeg13

Nutmeg13

Oct 16, 2017
    Traben Phoenix on eBay (Sept 2018) #3-adj (back). Could use a little more advice from anyone familiar with Traben (Phoenix) basses. :)
    Got a pic of the back of it....Wondered if the covers look standard?

Thanks again!
    Meg D