1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traben problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rptrsn2, May 2, 2010.

1. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    Picked up a Traben Sun 5 fretless the other day. my concern is a bit of hiss from the electronics on this bass, not excessive but my active fender is dead quite so don,t know if this is normal or not. also think the mm pup at the bridge is kinda thin sounding ,any suggestions?

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    My Array Attack doesnt hum at all. The bridge pup on mine is treble oriented. But does very good bass too if I boost the bass up a bit. Normally I leave bass control flat or just barely up. But I do raise it a little more when I shift the blend toward the bridge. As oppossed to leaving it as was for both pups on full and for rolled a little toward neck. If your wiring circuit is like mine. Look around on it closely with flashlight. See any disconnected wires? If not, maybe one of the taped wires isnt making contact. Since hum could be caused perhaps by a disconnected ground wire somewhere,

O if you can without strings hitting it, raise the bridge pup a bit. I found the rockfield pups on my Array sound fuller and better when raised a bit more then I normally have pups. Yet still not so high for strings to bang into them with pick playing, nor interfere with string vibration from magnetic field. Bridge humbucker on mine does sound thin if too low.

3. Hiss is caused by the quality of electronic components used and the circuit design.