Traben reviews

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by life.x, Aug 29, 2004.

1. life.x

Dec 21, 2003
    hamburg ny
    has any body on talkbass played a Traben bass? Either the kore or the chaos, i've been wondering how these basses play.
    So if you have one or played one, gimme some down low on them.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Someone just posted a pic of one in the show your basses thread, forget who it is, its on the most recent page i believe.
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    im good friends with a dealer of traben. I played them but not long enough to get a reall in depth review. I think they look very gimmicky but in theory i guess that bridge idea might work. If alot of people here like the badass cuz it increases the sustain and notice a difference then youd like the idea behind their bridge. They are what youd expect out of a bass in that price range though. Nothing super duper just a pretty simplie, reliable bass. I didnt even get to check the electronics out much. Id go demo one fo you but im 2000 miles from home and wont be home for another 3 monthes, but if you still want one then id be happy to try one. The place that has them is guitars in more in indianapolis. The website is If you want one tell em Jake sent you and theyll be real cool, they are great guys.
  4. kkdpdn

Aug 6, 2005
    I just received my Kore from - what they call a blem, but I can't see anything wrong with it except the fretboard looks a little dried out - nothing that a little lemon oil won't cure. List price is $899, got it for $212.50, so can't complain! It's a neck thru with a quilt maple top - very nicely made from what I can see. Very fast neck, came with Elixer strings also. Active pickups, treble, mid and bass knobs. I think it sounds great! Nice punch, very low action - almost like playing a standard electric guitar. I'm new to the bass world and have only one other inexpensive one (Dean Edge 1) to go on, but have played P basses also and I think the Kore sounds and plays pretty hot. The bridge is a little much, but hey, you'll stand out...