Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace 1153 or Peavey BXBW?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass4ever, May 7, 2002.

1. I am looking at getting a new cab for my 1970's H|H 100W V-S Bassamp. I have found the Trace 1153 and the Peavey BXBW for the same price and I need advice on which one would be better.

Cheers

2. I'm not familiar with Trace but can say that the Peavey 115 BXBW is an excellent cab. The Black Widow speakers (the "BW" part) are quite popular for bass applications.

John

3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I second Jiohn on that.

I have a Peavey BXBW 115 cabinet and it's just great !!!

Go ahead with it for good quality, reliable and excellent price

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Whow - an H&H V-S bassamp. I looked at one of the 115 combos a good few years ago now!!!

My dad has an H&H V-S Musician 212 combo for g****r!!!! They are really nice.

My vote would be to go with the Trace Elliot! I'm a huge Trace Elliot nut and love the sound and the looks. Reliability has never been an issue with Trace gear - they are bullet proof.

Can you try each cab with your amp head???? If so, go with the one that sounds best to you - you'll be happier that way, especially if there is no price difference!

5. arfur

arfur

Nov 26, 2001
    London, UK
    Fantastic amp. The loudest solid state 100w amp you are likely to find and a georgeous thick sound. I gigged for years with one of those and there aren't many 100w amps you can do that with. It was only the five string that forced me to go for a bigger amp. Still keep mine around for the studio.

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i say trace elliot!!!
    but hey i think they are awsome. the next amp is going to be either a trace stack or a tube ampeg set up or both! or a david eden all are great

steve