Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace 1513

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by virtual.ray, Jan 26, 2001.

1. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I've got a line on a used Trace Elliot 1513 cab.200w @8 ohms.It comes w/the slip cover and the plugs to close the front vents.The store wants $199 for it.I played on it and liked the sound,but playing with a band is another matter.If I get it,I'll probably run it with my Acme B2 since it doesn't have a tweeter.I know zip about TE gear,this was the 1st time I played on any of their stuff.Anyone familiar with this cab who cares to share some thoughts?

2. If it's the 1153 model you are speaking of you'll be fine. I have played through the 1153 and I currently own 2 2103's (2x10 8 ohm 200 watts). I like Trace cabs alot. Solidly built and good sound IMHO. Is the cab covered in carpet or tolex? If it's not covered in carpet it's a pre-gibson model. $199 is a great price.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Trace Elliot have been making bass gear for at least 20 years and were for years the only high end bas amp maker available in UK.

I am not familiar with that cab but everything of theirs I have tried is reliable and up to the normal abuse we bass players dish out.

If your ears and wallet like it ...

4. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks,guys! Yeah,the model # of the cab is 1153,I saw that when I visited the TE site after posting here.I also found out while there that this model is currently available either with or without a tweeter,so I emailed TE to find out if a retrofit tweeter is doable.The cabinet is covered in what is to me a rather curious looking Tolex which doesn't resemble the Tolex one would customarily find on Fender or Ampeg cabs.It's black and rather smooth,but aside from a few scuffs it's in good shape,no tears etc.The guy in the store says it was made in 1993,so I guess that would be pre-Gibson,right?Thanks again for taking the time to respond.