Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace 3x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 26, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    that's a guitar cabinet. ritchie sambora of bon jovi used to endorse them. they made a hybrid head that matched with it called the tv-9 or something. i think trace used vintage 30's in it so it's not really ideal for a bass cab. (not sure about the speakers but i'm fairly sure they were celestions)

if you're looking for a guitar cab it would do the job pretty well.

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I almost bought one once on Ebay, till I read the ad closely and saw that it was a guitar cab. This ad you linked to doesn't say that, but the cab looks just like the one in the ad I had read. If i remember it was 8 Ohms, or maybe 16, and low wattage. Don't remember the specs exactly.

It might be great if you could find the right speakers for it though.

3. ah right, it's listed under bass stuff !

thanks guys, i probably would've bidded that if it stayed cheap! :)

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Years ago I remember seeing a TE ad on the back of BP mag for a "Trace Bass" & a 4x12 cab. I posted something on it awhile back & no one knew anything about it...

~S~

PS: If I get time, I'll dig it out & if my scanners working, I'll try to post something.

5. I know that Trace go a 4x12 bass cab; it's part of their "classic" range; I believe they are tuned to go hand in hand with the V-type range. :)