1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Trace AH250 Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Count Bassie, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    *SOLD* locally...

Trace Elliot AH250GP7SM, 90s model (pre-Gibson, old-style snot-green graphics, no lights).

I got it from a TB'er a few months ago, and I have no complaints about it. In fact I love Trace' older models, and this is the peak of their classic sound and of their use of technology.

I had it serviced after I received it with a new set of filter caps. Pretty routine, and beside that it's now perfect. No noise, all features work like a Swiss chocolate bar.

The Master Gain knob is slightly off-center from the faceplate, which has an imperceptible bend in it at the Gain pot. It's not a functional issue, and not even noticeable to the casual observer. You can only see it looking down along the face from above, actually. I never even remember it's that way until I might study it for some reason.

It needs rack ears or a sleeve, get-able from British Audio Service.

I've got $250 into it, and that's what I'd like back out of it. I'll include a ratty 2-space soft case with it- but again, you need rack-ears. I'll also toss in a speaker cable.

Shipping will be from 02917, RI. $250 + shipping, includes a couple extras...

GP7.

2. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Doin' the 'Bump'...

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I found a Trace Elliot Combo used over the weekend and picked it up. I didn't realize how much I missed the Trace sound. VERY versatile amp with all of the shaping options and EQ. It's amazing how 250 Trace Elliot watts sounds like 400-500 of any other amp.

GLWTS.

4. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Indeed... gotta agree. I A/B'd it with a GK 800RB and got the two very close for sound! The GK tended to be more 'open' by nature, but response from each got pretty dang close. And the Trace had more 'Oomph' and 'Booty' than the 800RB as well (I love those descriptive words we use for this stuff...).

Thanks for the good word man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.