1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace AH350SMX Rack Conversion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by simpy1, Apr 27, 2006.

1. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Anyone ever converted an SMX trace amp (UV light) to a rack? Is it as simple as unscrewing it all and sliding it out?

I'm getting a power amp to use with it, and would like both to be mounted in a rack. It's gonna be about 40kg (dammit) but at least I won't be carrying all that wood around for no reason.

2. urje

urje

Sep 13, 2005
    yep, it's that simple. i did it. only one thing: i only fastened the head to the rack at the front, not at the rear, because it was a 3HE rack anyway. not sure how the fastening at the rear works, but i expect that to be quite similar to other equipment.

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I've done it as well. You should be able to fasten it using the screw holes which secure the blacklight.

4. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I've got an RAH300SMX that I want to build into a combo cabinet, and I'd really like to add the UV light to the front. I can get the ballast and UV tube from British Audio Service, but I'm not sure where the power for the lamp would be tapped off of the amp.

Any ideas?

Thanks.