Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace and Ampeg mix, and gig pics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Sep 25, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Did a gig the other night at a british legion, which i have played at a few times. Got a few pics ill attempt to post them. But onto the subject of amps, i was using an Ampeg stack from another band but i took along my TE ah3007. I can officially say, that my head doesnt sound right with his cabs, i dont know which ampeg cabs they are but all it seemed to be giving out was bass, even after taking a lot of bass out of my sound and ading trble it was still very bass heavy. The moral to the story, you cant beat TE :D

The lighting for this venue is pretty poor as you can see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you like the pics, and by the way my band isnt what it says on the bass drum, that was the headliners drum kit.

Also theres my Fender Jazz in the background:D

2. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    post your comments on the pics, and also why you think the ampeg stack was very bass heavy?i would like to find out why even though it was only running through my amp head and not the other ampeg one there. Would it be the 1x15?

3. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    bump,post replies on why you think there was so much bass

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    You didn't have experience with that cab and how to tune it. I played on another bands gear and couldn't get a tone I like (ampeg gear) but afterwards he stepped up and played and sounded pretty good with a lot of punch.

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    whats that thing on your hand? A dirty sock!?

6. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    no, its to help protect my wrist my being cut open or damaged.