1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

trace BFC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hud2020, Jan 27, 2001.

1. hud2020

hud2020

Dec 3, 2000
    what do you think of the trace BFC

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    It's a Big ******* Cabinet

Honestly I've never heard or even seen one, but the prospect of tri-amping is very interesting.

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    BTW, does anyone know whether the BFC cabinet comes with casters ? The Trace Elliot website says nothing on that point.

All the best,

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have seen one in Sound Control in Glasgow - it looks awesome. I pretty much is a 4 x 10 and a 1 x 15 in one cabinet. It also has two HF Horns.

I would have loved to get one but portability is really a problem! I had to settle for the 4 x 10 and separate 1 x 15 with a 500 watt Trace head!!! The 1000watt head with bi-amping and tri-amping facilities did look smart!

If I had a couple of roadies and a van I'd seriously think about it!

5. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    I bought one today used. Looks in really good shape. I have the tri amp head that goes with it allready. I need the cable now. Where can you buy a 4 wire speaker cable ? Guitar Center dosnt seem to have any. 3 wires to tri-amp 1 for ground. Its on a 4 pin nutrik of course
    [​IMG]